cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Land line broken - 3 weeks with no phone - help help help...

Stews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recomended my son in law, he had his phone set up at Walmart.  He needed to port his landline over.   He carefully followed instruction, PM canceled his old land line carrier and his cell went dead.  He's been thru moderator after moderator, every time you contact it's a different one who all give different instruction, (buy a new sim card, must be our issue,  our tech will work on it, bla bla bla. )  Ugg he needs cell for work, no more PM recommendations from me to anyone.  rrrrrrrrr  

8 REPLIES 8

Stews

yes and they have fixed the issue.  thanks to all for the responses.  🙂

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Stews wrote:

Recomended my son in law, he had his phone set up at Walmart.  He needed to port his landline over.   He carefully followed instruction, PM canceled his old land line carrier and his cell went dead.  He's been thru moderator after moderator, every time you contact it's a different one who all give different instruction, (buy a new sim card, must be our issue,  our tech will work on it, bla bla bla. )  Ugg he needs cell for work, no more PM recommendations from me to anyone.  rrrrrrrrr  

Had a long wait when I ported my Landline to my cel account I think 4 days. Good Luck as  long as you have Private messaged a Mod you will be up and working in no time.

Good Luck Lemew

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Stews wrote:

Yes PM canceled the landline, that number now is connected to the PM account as active but the cell shows the old cell number.  Have tried every possible sugestion given.  

@Stews,

Is  moderator response to @Indyalexander  private message yet?  It was last Friday.

Stews

Yes PM canceled the landline, that number now is connected to the PM account as active but the cell shows the old cell number.  Have tried every possible sugestion given.  

@Stews wrote:

Sorry, but there isn't anyone here who can help you with something like that.  Unfortunately, only the Public Mobile employees (moderators) can access your account.  You're going to have to try again with them.  If after a bunch of attempts you aren't getting anywhere, you could file a complaint with CCTS to at least get your phone number working.   

Assuming that you didn't request your landline to be cancelled (by contacting the landline company), and assuming that the landline stopped working because of the number porting process, that would meant that your old lanline provider released the phone number to Public Mobile already.   Public Mobile would have to fix the provisioning on your account.

popping

@Stews wrote:

yes that's him

His number porting went really wrong.  Details in the following post.  Let hope PM tech support can fix the problem quickly after he had send another private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-issue/m-p/298948/highlight/true#M2...

Stews

yes that's him

popping

@Stews wrote:

Are you talking about @Indyalexander issue on this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-issue/m-p/298949#M20926

Need Help? Let's chat.