cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Home phone number to replace existing PM assigned number

v4tuna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi  I have been a happy PM user for about a year now,  When I signed up PM gave me a new number.  I  am cancelling my home number and would like to use it instead of the number PM assigned to me  .  Is there a way to do this ?  I dont care to keep the older assigned number at all but i do want to keep my plan as it has a few rewards on it .

5 REPLIES 5

Cwangs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can keep everything on your account with the rewards. When you log in on the right side under change phone number.  Select the option to check eligibility of your number you want to port. Fill out the info thats requested. After successfully completing the form your account will have your desired number. But the processes to complete the porting of the old number could take up to 1 week depending on the old provider. 

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow i concur - excellent response above.  Only thing i would add is that landline porting can take extra day or 2 (as landlines seem to have special central contact for tel co's for numbers - my Shaw contact said that approval was needed to go ahead).

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thx - I'm just glad to be able to help.

Cheers,

Neil

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice response @neilselden.

Man, the quality of some of these responses is really getting good!!!

Happy Wedensday!

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

There sure is!  However, DO NOT cancel your home phone number yet.  The number your are porting in must be active and your account must be in good standing at the time of the port.

1. Login to self-serve.  
  2. From the section named 'Profile', select 'Change number'.
  3. Select 'Transfer a wireless or wireline number'
  4. Check to see if your number is eligible
  5. If eligible, complete the form that appears
    1. Be very careful and enter only accurate information
    2. Any mistakes could cause the transfer to fail and your service could be impacted
  6. Make sure that you check off 'I am authorized'
    1. it is a small box at the bottom of the form

There you go.  Once the port (transfer) is complete, and your PM account is working perfectly, then you can cancel the old account with your home phone provider.  

Keep in mind that a wireline number can take several days to transfer.

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.