cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting HELP URGENT'

hung53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I want to port my koodo number TO public mobile. I just want to confirm.

-In account # is my Koodo account #?
-Pin # is my koodo pin #?
-The IMEI is it my imei of my iphone or the # of my simcard?
-autorization is it the name in Koodo or in Public?
8 REPLIES 8

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hung53

Also make sure to use a different username than what you used on your Koodo prepaid Self-Serve if you want to avoid surprises...  I have a line on both services and cannot use the same username.  If I do, one of the 2 won't populate the Self-Serve webpage.

In your case, since you won't be keeping the Koodo prepaid line, just use a different one while you port your number and when that's fully completed, feel free to change it back to your regular username.

Like mentioned above, too, Koodo prepaid <-> Public Mobile is internal and you'll have to call in to port your number.

Cheers!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@hung53, In order to Port a Number from any Provider you only need one of the three things not all three.

1) Account # (Most companies insist on Account Number) or
2) Pin/Password on the account or
3) IMEI of the Device that you last used (If you switch between devices like I do, use the imei # that had the Sim in it last)

Once again you only need one of the above three things. Not all three

@OP, You might have to contact PM if Porting from Koodo Prepaid but from anywhere else simply log into your PM Self Serve and Put in the Port Request.

@PM, Thanks for Putting out an amazing Self Serve Site.

Martin
Legend
Legend
I wish you the best of success in having your problem quickly resolved.

hung53

My koodo is active. Nothing to owe them. 

I will process through contact us then.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hung53 

I had seen a thread before on a similar issue where the port in fails in part because Koodo and Public Mobile are using the same system so it's not treated as an external port-in.

I'd recommend emailing Public from the Contact Us page with the information that it asks you for in port-ing in a number. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Since Koodo and PM are sister companies, is your Koodo account active, and in good standing will no unpaid bills?

If the above does not apply, contact PM by web mail. Click Contact Us on the homepage, and proceed from there.

hung53

Now, when I put my phone number in and click on ''Check eligibility'' IT said something of : Error... Please contact public mobile. It seem my number cannot be ported. How come there's an Error?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The answers to 1, 2 and 4 is "yes" regarding Koodo. PM needs your Koodo account information.

Regarding #3, there is no IMEI on any SIM card. The number is within phones.

Remember NOT to personally cancel your Koodo service. Once your number has been successfully ported, your Koodo service will automatically terminate.

Plus, you may encounter this: For a few days, you will be able to make calls, but incoming calls will be routed to your Koodo number, thus resulting in no voice mail being left. It's a quirk, if it occurs, and will automatically rectify itself.

Welcome to Public Mobile!
Need Help? Let's chat.