cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported out number, is account cancelled?

statler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community! I took up Public's offer to move to Koodo, and moved over my account earlier today. I was planning on activating Koodo, porting over my phone number, and then logging in to my Public Mobile self serve to delete my credit card and turn off autopay (which I understood to be the equivalent of cancelling with Public). However, after I ported my number to Koodo, it seems I can no longer log in to my Public account!

I'm worried that since I never had the chance to turn off auto-pay, I'm going to be charged when this cycle ends. Which I obviously do not want.

Does anyone know if porting over my number automatically cancels my Public account, even if I didn't have a chance to turn off auto-payments?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alibertucci wrote:

Hello.

Any instructions on how I can contact PM if autopay was NOT stopped before the number was ported & account closed?  Want to make sure auto payments do not continue, as I am no longer a customer.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Alibertucci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

Any instructions on how I can contact PM if autopay was NOT stopped before the number was ported & account closed?  Want to make sure auto payments do not continue, as I am no longer a customer.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@statlerwrote:

Hi community! I took up Public's offer to move to Koodo, and moved over my account earlier today. I was planning on activating Koodo, porting over my phone number, and then logging in to my Public Mobile self serve to delete my credit card and turn off autopay (which I understood to be the equivalent of cancelling with Public). However, after I ported my number to Koodo, it seems I can no longer log in to my Public account!

I'm worried that since I never had the chance to turn off auto-pay, I'm going to be charged when this cycle ends. Which I obviously do not want.

Does anyone know if porting over my number automatically cancels my Public account, even if I didn't have a chance to turn off auto-payments?

Thanks!

@statler don't worry, there will not charge your credit card, when the PM account closed, I have not been charged, I switch to Koodo on 25th of February 2018, just a headup

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@statler Keep an eye on your credit card statement just in case an incorrect charge appears from Public Mobile; especially just after your renewal date. Not likely, but "better safe, than sorry".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your account is automatically closed when you port your number, so those who plan to leave should disable autopay BEFORE porting out.

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think so

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@statler, yes the account is disabled right away.  It may not hurt to ask the moderator team to remove the credit card from file anyway.  They can still access your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.