cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number problem

hung53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just ported my phone number from fido TO Public Mobile. It said successfuly ported. And then I relogged in my PM account, on the top right it shows the right ported phone number. But i'm not able to make calls/text. It have been 24hours now that my phone is ported...but still doesn't work. So what is the problem?
12 REPLIES 12

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

30 minuts minimum to 2:30 hours maximum

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hung53 

If you're a legacy customer (Joined prior to January 27th, you can reach a live agent via *611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC) 

Otherwise you can contact them via email here

If the issue is with the port in they should be able to help you out.

benwarez
If your iphone is unlocked, plug it to your pc and restore it using itunes, don't forget to back up your stuff before doing that

hung53
But is there a technical assistance I can reach?

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On most carriers porting from wireless to wireless it is a 2.5-3 hour wait time for port-in.

Generally what happens is incoming calls/text go to your Fido device/sim card, but outgoing calls/texts must be made from your Public Mobile device/sim card. If you have the Public Mobile sim card in a phone that you have verified will work on the network try power cycling the device every so often and attempting to call the number, if you're able to receive incoming calls on the Public line the port-in is likely complete.

hung53
I seem to cannot reach them... Usually how long it take to port the number?

Martin
Legend
Legend
If your phone doesn't work, call PM at 1-855-4PUBLIC.

Cheers.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
If you are a customer from before Jan-27-2015 then call Public Mobile but make sure you don't make the call from your Public Mobile Sim card.

hung53
Its an iphone. I did took out the sim, power off. And reboot... But still no chance. Is there any solution? Help help urgent SOS! Hahaa

chukdefatey
I have Ported several numbers through one PM self serve site and didn't have any issues what so ever.

Oh did I Menton PM has an amazing self serve site compare to outside competition

DK
You might have to call in and get them to do it as that's what I had to do as the self serve function wasn't self serving so to speak.

chukdefatey
Have you powered off the phone and removed the battery for a few minutes?
Need Help? Let's chat.