cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number - cannot make or receive calls

wkevingao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recieved a notification saying that the port was successful. However, i cannot make any calls or recieve any calls. Only texts and data work. Does this mean i just need to wait a bit long, or there is something wrong with the number being ported?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wkevingao 

I vote a simple phone restart. Doing the lost/stolen procedure will do that but try just simply restarting first.

@wkevingao wrote:

I recieved a notification saying that the port was successful. However, i cannot make any calls or recieve any calls. Only texts and data work. Does this mean i just need to wait a bit long, or there is something wrong with the number being ported?

When someone can't make outgoing calls, that isn't specific to porting.  Outgoing calls should work immediatley, even if you enter known bogus information for number port that will obviously fail.

Sicne your texting and data work, yoru service is clearly active.  Try the lost/stolen thing (reporting phone as lost but then re-enabling the service after a few moments).  If that doesn't work, you're going to have no choice but to contact the moderators.

The only thing on your end that I can think of that would make both incoming and outgoing calls fail to work would be if the phone was set to only use LTE networks.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@wkevingao That sounds like an incomplete port, you will need to contact a moderator. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It can take between a few hours and 2 days for them to respond

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes. Sit tight. 🙂

It'll work out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.