cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported koodo number, no longer working

Preme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Ported my koodo number, received an email stating my previous koodo account was closed.

My public mobile sim doesn't appear to be working. Unable to make calls, text or use data.

When I go into the dialer on my iPhone, it displays the new number I set up and not my previous number which I ported over.

I've tried restarting my phone with no avail.
12 REPLIES 12

kod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same experience, is this a known issue? Did the moderator have to intervene to resolve this?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great news @Preme!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Preme

All fixed.

Thanks @Shazia_K

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Preme you're in good hands, @Shazia_K should be able to get you up and running soon.  Please let us know when this is resolved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Preme

Thanks @Shazia_K

Might be worth noting that when I call my previous number (the one I ported in from Koodo), I get a message saying the number is no longer in service.

When I dial the number assigned by PM, I receive a busy tone.

Cheers

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Preme

Thank you for reaching out to me, 

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues after porting your phone number. 

Don't worry I have received your private message and I will reply back to you shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Preme
@Shazia_K 😊

Preme

Some ports take longer than others and it may of just been that the port didn't yet complete when you posted this last night. Like @NDesai already mentioned, if it's still not working in the morning, contact one of the moderators then.

All you need to know about our Community Moderators

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Seems like porting process did not complete. See if it does in the morning. 

If not, staff member will help you complete the porting process. 

thymaster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try taking out your SIM, and do a soft reset. Hold home button and power at the same time until it turns off and on again. Then reinsert your SIM back on after it's powered on.

vento1

Welcome @Preme to the Public Mobile community, I'm sure you'll love it here.

You can PM one of our awsome moderators @Shazia_Kor wait until tomorrow morning when one of them will look into your porting issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.