cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported fine, yet unable to receive most calls

ryan101b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community,

I ported from Rogers and am happy to be with Public Mobile. In the past 2 weeks, I can receive calls from landlines and Bell customers. Rogers mobiles continue to be UNable to call my number, yet texts and iMessage come through fine. An automated message says this call is not possible.

My phone is unlocked. I have taken the sim and placed it in another unlocked phone that works well. Same receiver issue. 

The moderators tell me the port occurred correctly. So far the info I have suggests the previous carrier is unable to call this ported number.  Has anyone in the community heard of this experience?   

Thanks,

Ry

7 REPLIES 7

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Do the affected (Rogers Mobile) callers report having any issues when they call any other people?  Do these problems seem to only occur when (Rogers Mobile caller or PM/Telus receiver) phones are located in areas only serviced by certain towers?

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If so, it suggests the issue is somewhere on the Rogers Mobile network or on a handover between networks.

ryan101b

Hey R47

thanks for the 3 pro tips. I followed the NET.RESET.  We shall see if anyone can call from Rogers shortly. 

ryan101b

yes they are not blocked thank you

@Manawrote:

@ryan101b, please check your phone dialed app settings to check if the number(s) you can't receive the call is/are blocked. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ryan101b, please check your phone dialed app settings to check if the number(s) you can't receive the call is/are blocked. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@R47 Yes this is a new, to me, phenomenon. Couple of ideas:

a) reset network settings

b) factory reset, after a backup so you can easily restore everything

c) if those fail make a list of the numbers that are failing and send this list to the moderators in a private message.

Re-reading your post, did you say you replicated the problem in a different phone? If so, I suggest you go directly to c). 

Let us know what response you get.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ryan101b, I can't say that I have ever experienced this on any of my lines or lines of closes friends and family that I provide support on with this service.  Perhaps ask the moderator team to look into things again.  There is no reason for a port to be stuck is the manner that is described.  The usual stuck port is where nobody on any service can call your line.  It is definitely not a phone problem as the problem with call routing is upstream at the carrier networks and how they interface with each other.

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it multiple people or just one person on Rogers? 

Need Help? Let's chat.