cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Out

Jodisimp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I ported out my phone number to another provider but in doing so I was planning on keeping the account with public mobile with a different phone number as I had a credit on the account. How do I go about reactivating with a different phone number. Since porting out, I cannot log into my account on the selfserve site. 

6 REPLIES 6

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately as others have mentioned, porting out closes your acount. Unlike on post-pay where they prorate your incomplete month, this is prepay which means you are paying for your future use, not for what you have already used. It's like buying a non-refundable concert/event ticket. You bought it today for a concert that is three weeks away from now, but then you don't show up to the concert, you can't get a refund after the fact even if you "forgot" the concert was that night. They gave you the option to use what you paid for and therefore fullfilled their obligation to you. If they cancelled the concert, you would be able to get a refund.

You ported your number out and therefore opted not to use the service they provided you for the agreed upon length of time. I get what you wanted to do, but with any cellphone provider (not just PM) if you take away the phone number from their system, the account associated with it is automatically closed (unless you changed the number using the service's change number tool, but that would lose your current number.) Your SIM is dead too as it is associated with your former account. I don't believe you can revive it on a new account. 

You could try reaching out to the mods and see if they can do anything for you, but I am sorry to say that I am pretty sure you are out of luck on this one.

@Jodisimp, this is prepaid.  You pay to use the plan how you wish for 30 or 90 days, and if you wish to continue, you renew at 30 or 90 days.

This is how all prepaid services work.  No refunds.

Jodisimp

it does completely close the public mobile account, would public mobile not refund the credit card for the pre paid payments? 

Jodisimp

There was no signing bonus, unfortunately. I had prepaid for 2 months on my public mobile account before doing the port and was just looking to move around the phone number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jodisimp wrote:

Hi there, 

I ported out my phone number to another provider but in doing so I was planning on keeping the account with public mobile with a different phone number as I had a credit on the account. How do I go about reactivating with a different phone number. Since porting out, I cannot log into my account on the selfserve site. 

Not possible. Porting out loses everything to do with the origin. Maybe you got a signing bonus at the new provider?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sorry but porting out cancels your account and all the funds in it.

Need Help? Let's chat.