cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out current number, port in new number while retaining plan

Preme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello,

I am currently on the $120/12GB plan. I would like to port out my current number to another carrier while porting in my girlfriend's number to give her the plan as it is no longer being offered. Is this possible?

Thank you @CS_Agent
5 REPLIES 5

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
There is a pro to this lack of feature. If it was possible then such plans would have been all over kijiji /eBay from hoarders for an astronomical price

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yep, definitely a popular request--we see it being asked here at least weekly, I'd say.  Sadly, not an option.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is not possible due to the way that the number porting process works. When you port a number out the account it is associated with is automatically cancelled, and you will no longer be able to access it through self-serve.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Preme, as stated it isn't possible.  The reasons why are that as soon as you port out your number that account would be closed and that plan lost.  Or if you did it the other way as soon as you port in the other number to your current plan you lose your current number..

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hi no noylt possible. You need to choose what is more important the $$$ or the number.
Need Help? Let's chat.