cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Virgin Mobile Incomplete

pang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I activited my sim using a new number from PM and then ported over my old number from Virgin Mobile. This was done at noon yesterday. The port is still incompleted today. My account with VM has been deactived after the port was initiated. I called the number it tells me it's out of service. I took out the sim and rebooted my phone few times. Can anyone help me with this? TIA!

19 REPLIES 19

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

WITH PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE YOU SHOULD EXPECT THIS.  NEXT PROMO WAIT TIMES WILL EXCEED 150 DAYS. SO BETTER GET YOUR STUFF SORTED OUT BY THEN.

Sceletti
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Shazia_K @Rockdaddy22
PM said they would respond within 48 hours and have not. Really frustrating....

emilyge0rgia
Well crap I didn't realize that, I thought it was better to message more than one bc I thought it was separate inboxes (I used to work for a Rogers call centre so I think that's why I'm a bit more frustrated bc I used to deal with phone issues daily)

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
All messages go to a pool. You send a message to more than one mod it just causes more of a backlog.

emilyge0rgia
Try messaging her directly, the wait time is apparently 12 days but since you've had an open ticket they might help quicker. I'm having the no calling/texting issue after making a payment and tried messaging a few mods

Sceletti
I hope so too. Thanks @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
3 weeks is definitely ridiculous, hopefully she can help you out. I'm not sure if she's in today, but hopefully someone will help.

Sceletti
@Shazia_K

Hi Shazia I am having the exact same issue. I have emailed support but have not heard anything back. It has been over 3 weeks since I have not been able to receive phone calls or send/receive text messages!!! Please see my support request (#2030-8237). Thank you!

Sceletti

Sceletti
Hi Shazia I am having the exact same issue. I have emailed support but have not heard anything back. It has been over 3 weeks since I have not been able to receive phone calls or send/receive text messages!!! Please see my support request (#2030-8237). Thank you!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @pang

I'm really sorry to hear about this! 

Can you, please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card # and also the account number with Virgin? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@pang I am sorry you've had to wait so long.  I know the moderators are quite overloaded right now and are struggling to help everyone they can in the time they have available.  I'm going to flag @Shazia_K in hopes she can help you with this ASAP tomorrow.

I'm also going to put forth a suggestion to PM staff via our Oracle channel that they arrange to provide additional community coverage during the weekend after plan changes or during promotional plan times, to try to prevent people having to wait too long.  

I do hope this is resolved quickly for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone who tried to help me. I have pm the mod. I hope this can be solved soon. I was quite surpirse the port took this long. A day and half,  it's still incompleted. Just curious, has anyone ever lost thier phone number during this process? 

mylabmax

@pang, hopefully this gets resolved.  I also have a VM number that i'm looking to port.

srlawren

@jheili99 it's been since noon yesterday... I think @pang needs @Saray_O's assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

give it a little bit more time and then private message one of the PM moderators @Saray_O

sending a message to the moderators will resolve the issue faster then trying to email PM..

cheers and welcome!

If you need to make calls while you're waiting for the port-in to complete try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. It's also a good backup in case phone service is out but your internet is not.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your number still hasn't been ported yet, I'd private message a mod such as @Shazia_K or go here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help and select "Contact Us" then "SIM and Activation" then "Porting" and then follow the prompts. Hopefully everything gets solved for you soon! Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.