cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Telus successful but phone not working

vsah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number over from Telus but my phone is not working. No calls, texts, data etc. I phone alternates betweek LTE/4g/No signal/Some bars. It keeps going through that cycle unless wifi is on.

I did recieve a text message from kodoo saying my transfer request was complete.

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K @Mary_M

11 REPLIES 11

Unfortunately, no amount of tinkering with APN settings is going to make calls and texts work.  Those setting are unrelated to the two.

vsah
I sent all this info already. Still no response.

OK you will need moderator assistance. Send  a private message to the moderator team with:

• PM account email address
  • PM SIM card number
  • explanation of the situation
    • old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
    • old carrier phone number
    • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
    • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Before doing that it would be great to:

a) try that SIM in another phone just to be sure it's not the phone, and 

b) login to your account to confirm the plan is correct and active.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

vsah
Samsung s6. It's not intermittent...I have no connection whatsoever.

@vsah What is make/model of your phone?

Intermittent SIM connection is sometimes fixed by putting a piece of scotch tape on the back; if you do that be sure it does not wrap around at all.

You should also try your SIM in another unlocked/Telus/Koodo phone and a active SIM in yours. That will locate the problem to the phone or the SIM/account activation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

vsah
Tried the APN stuff as well, no luck.

nskyline

You might have to change your APN settings on your phone. Same thing happened to my phone as well. I had to delete the old set of APN data and input a new set of APN data.

However this might not be the fix as there could be something else happening with your account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-And...

This worked for me. 

vsah

I've tried that several times. Still no luck.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vsah wrote:

I ported my number over from Telus but my phone is not working. No calls, texts, data etc. I phone alternates betweek LTE/4g/No signal/Some bars. It keeps going through that cycle unless wifi is on.

I did recieve a text message from kodoo saying my transfer request was complete.

For some reason I thought I replied to this, but just be patient, it'll get done. Tagging the mods will get some action, though you could PM one of them too.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Try reboot your phone also if that doesn't help then take your sim out turn off phone insert sim restart again usually helps.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vsah wrote:

You did the right thing by letting the mods know, they'll get it sorted for you, just be patient. 

Need Help? Let's chat.