cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Koodo

HuynhQ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, I am interested in porting my phone number from Koodo to Public mobile and wanted to know how to do it correctly.

Currently my husband and I are Koodo customers under the same account number, where he is the primary account holder (his name is printed on every page of the bill).  My name and number are on the bill only in the section detailing my calls. I was wondering when I request the port over to Public Mobile, do I put my name as the Authorized user or my husband's name since he is the primary account holder?  The bills are sent to my husband's name.

Does anyone have any input?  I would like to do it right the first time.  Thanks in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

two ways;

first, use account number and primary holder

in this case you have to change the name after porting.

I used this way to port my wife from my account. you can change only name.

So you should put your birthday and gender, not primary holder. In my case I sent a message to Mod about fixing the birthday and gender of my wife. Still I don't know they changed. it is so funny story.

Second, use account number and your name if your name is already registered on Koodo.

you don't need to change your name after porting.

I used this way to port my son and daughter from my account of fido.

As you don't make any mistakes, you should go Walmart  and port in there. but do not forget the referral.

thanks.

jace829

Only input the account number and the primary account holder's name. You can do this in the Self-Serve.

choding

I don't know it is as same as fido. In my case, I have four accouts on my name at fido. when I ported all fours, I worried to make problems. But it is very simple and easy  because there is account number and your name for call display on your phone number of Koodo. when you port your number, you have to put your own accout number and your name, birthday. it is done.

if you worry, you should go to the walmart and ask them to port your number. Because they can open your current accout of Koodo.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HuynhQ

I had an Koodo account with only one phone numbe and was used by my spouse.  Koodo CSR suggested to add my spouse's name for the phone number for showing my spouse name on people caller ID/name display.  

Since I am the owner, I used my name to port my spouse number to Cityfone last year without any issue.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@bf7 wrote:

I think your safest bet would be to contact koodo and ask whose name the number you plan on porting is under. Since koodo has customer service lines, I would just give them a quick call and confirm before porting over.

Just because there is a call centre doesn't mean there is such a thing as a quick call lol

Conventional wisdom suggests the quickness should be measured by when the agent is on the line.  Many probably measure quick by how fast the canned message starts playing.  I try to commit to memory the menu system of my providers so I can skip that part of the unpleasantries.

@HuynhQ wrote:

Thanks all for the info, the port was successful and only took 5 minutes!

I only entered Account number and Primary account name.  I left IMEI and PIN blank.

Great job!  If you look carefully at the instructions, they need one of the three, not all three.  More entries mean more chance of am error.  

HuynhQ

Thanks all for the info, the port was successful and only took 5 minutes!

I only entered Account number and Primary account name.  I left IMEI and PIN blank.

Boober35

I just came from Koodo a few days ago where me and my spouse were on the same account. All i did was the following:

1. Set up an account with public mobile using a different email address from the one that was registered with Koodo. 

2.  The info that I used to activate/register sim was the first name that appeared on Koodo account and my phones IMEI (dial *#06#)

3. Then I easily ported my number. 

Best of luck!

@bf7 wrote:

I think your safest bet would be to contact koodo and ask whose name the number you plan on porting is under. Since koodo has customer service lines, I would just give them a quick call and confirm before porting over.

Just because there is a call centre doesn't mean there is such a thing as a quick call lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@bf7  no need to contact koodo. the name to enter is teh primary account holder ie teh one that the bill is addressed to, they are the owner of the account.  the other names are just to identify the users.

@bf7 wrote:

mimmo

just use account name and account number. do not fill in the other fields (pin and imei).  

@HuynhQ wrote:

Just to be clear, I already signed up with a new number and am logged into my account.

I'm at the Change Phone Number tab, selecting Transfer a wireless number from Public Mobile or another provider check box.  

bf7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mimmo

Please put the name exatly as it shows on your bill (primary account holder).  I would probably do your line first then his.  definatly do the two step process as mentioned above.

if you singup today possibly tomorrow. and activate online you will be eligable for 25$ if you use a referal number  (let me know if you need one) and when you sign up the second account you can both get $25 (using teh forst account as teh referal..  

sims can be bought at wow mobile, london drugs, k-mobile and autohorised koodo locations.  walmart also sells them but many stores want to activate teh sims for you and you will not get the 25 referal credit.

edit just saw you already activated your accounts.

HuynhQ

Just to be clear, I already signed up with a new number and am logged into my account.

I'm at the Change Phone Number tab, selecting Transfer a wireless number from Public Mobile or another provider check box.  

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KMG wrote:

I think you would need to put your husband's name, since he is the primary account holder.

Someone smarter than me will be able to answer your question. 

But when you go to sign up you may want to do the 2 step process to minimize a chance of error - first, activate an account with Public Mobile and just get a new phone number. Then you can make sure all is working well and you like the service. Then when you're satisfied, you can port your number from Koodo.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think you would need to put your husband's name, since he is the primary account holder.

Need Help? Let's chat.