cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile

macwindows
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to port from Koodo pay as you go (and during activation it is suggested to create new number, hence have new PM number). In the self serve, it failed at phonbe numebr "Check Eligibility" (it do not proceed with erro "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."). I have tried numerous tricks (clear cache, log out and log in, again clear cache,Checked the box I am authorized,followed suggestions provided on forum), but nothing work.

Submitted ticket and sent pm to mod (29Nov). My plan is due by 11dec. I hope before that the backlog reduces and my porting happens. Otherwise, I will have to pay for two services (to keep my number).

I do not know what is the current backlog and which is date currently being served. It would be great, if there is new announcement for the current status of the backlog.

Mod, if you read this, please consider this request.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

macwindows
@Shazia_K
Thanks a lot to help porting. Highly appreciate your support even after hours, too.
I rebooted the phone and confirmed its successful.
One more happy customer!

@Luddite
Thanks to you, too.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ahaha @Luddite , you're funny!!!! 😄 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

My goodness @Shazia_K never sleeps! What will you do with all that overtime loot? We won't tell 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @macwindows, @kipperdawn

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

@macwindows, can you reboot your phone? the port has completed 😉

@kipperdawn,  you sent me no information to work with 😞 can you send it now? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kipperdawn

I am in the same boat. I submitted my first ticket (#3625-4795) on Nov 18, no response. I then sent in a second ticket, (#2563-6602) on Nov 22. I then further sent a PM to one of the mods and no response. At this point, I am trying the community...  I have to say, i am fairly disappointed up to this point. I have now been charged for another month a koodo and am being force to keep 2 accounts active and it is coming up close to a month for me... sigh... Even if I say with PM for a few years, at best i can only break even by the fact i am having to keep 2 accounts active. 

Now, since I first started the transition, i have learned much... and I am hoping that PM will to. First off, they should have made it very clear, if you are a koodo customer, DON'T USE THE SAME EMAIL! That started my downward spiral as it locked me out of my koodo account. Fortunately, Koodo was able to help me there (72 hour turn around, which now looks amazing in comparison). I then find out i can't port my number because i am a prepaid customer (i get the useless generic error, pls try again). Again, PM, take note of this, if you can't fix your system, then at the very least, let people know that they can't port there number without tech support. Granted, not sure that would make a big difference if it still takes months to port a number.

Honestly, if i had know of these issues prior I really don't think i would have switched as i had no major complaint with koodo, i just thought this was a better deal. I will accept that I should have checked the forums prior to switching to see what people were saying. If i had, i wouldn't be going through this now... but what is done is done.... PM please fix things.

10 DAYS eh? Just hang in there for @Shazia_K or another moderator.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Koodo Prepaid number can only be porting by Mod's and cannot be done in self serve. Koodo post paid can be ported using self serve. I took Mod's almost 9 days to port over my number from Koodo Prepaid.

Hopefully they will get to you in time.. before Dec 11

macwindows
@ShawnC13

Email used for Koodo and PM is different. I have already sent pm to mod.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So do you have a new PM number and are now trying to port your Koodo number?  Some people have had issues if they used the same email address.  Koodo is a special beast and I believe a mod will be your best help.

Have you read how to contact them

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.