cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port a land-line phone number to a Public Mobile Phone

moehunter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WE are getting rid of our BELL land-Line here in Rural Ontario.

Our entire Family all have Mobile Phones with Unlimited Canada wide calling so our Land-Line is no longer used or required but we would like to keep the number if possible as we have had it for 35 years.

I am wondering if we would be able to Port our current BELL land-line Phone number to one of our Public Mobile Phones?

7 REPLIES 7

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@moehunter, in my march 2 reply I clearly said you well receive a final bill from Bell. Final means your last bill because you will no longer be there customer

m199
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to add, do NOT call in first to cancel with Bell.

If you cancel it first, you will not be able to port it over.

All you have to do is port to PM, and after Port, your Bell ac is automatically cancelled. No hassles, more Fun

moehunter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank You all for your speedy reply’s.

As mentioned above I’m still with BELL. 

Do I need to call BELL first and cancel or explain what I’m doing?  Or do I just port with PM and then call bell or?

Again, Thank you for you help!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
No don't call *611, Log into your self serve PM account and use the online tool to port your landline number to replace your existing active PM number, Remember to have your land line bill on hand because you would need account # from it also landline to mobile ports take anywhere from 24 hours to a week and it can take up to 2 weeks. Once your number has been ported you well revive receive a final bill from your landline provider

Yes, landlines are 110% portable. PM is the alternative to the others

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Right on, I did same, first login to your self serve and port your number, or call *611 if you're an old customer to let PM rep do it for U
Need Help? Let's chat.