cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Successful, but broke Self Serve! - Need Help

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up my wife on promo plan on Nov 17. I submitted requestson  to port her number from Koodo Prepaid on Nov 17 by creating a Ticket from Get Help, PMing the Mods and creating a post.

Her number was successfully ported by Shazia_K on Nov 25.

I did checked and self serve was working porperly before and after the port.

Then a week later on Dec 1, I get an email response for my submitted ticket from Noella, stating that

"I have checked everything with our technicians and the port already been done. However, there is just a little glitch in the system is not allowing the number to change right away in your account but it has all been ported already. I have submitted a ticket in order for it to be fixed as soon as possible."

I checked my self serve on Dec 3 and it was still working and displaying old number under the Add-On usage.

But since yesterday, self serve is not working, I get the famous Public Mobile / Koodo error. I have tried different browser, but not resolution.

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

It looks like public mobile's technicians did fixed the small glitch, but broke self serve.

I have also tried to register a new self serve account with the ported number but that did not worked either. I am looking for some help from community and Mod's.

They could have just left the account the way it was, they ended up creating a problem for themselves and me.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M@Caroline_D@Dave_M

3 REPLIES 3

fch

Shazia_K did got back to me and has issued a Ticket with Tech Team last Thursday. ref #: IN0000012748465

I am told to wait 7 business days.

Not sure how to find out that issue has been resolved by tech team.

fch

I have submitted a ticket.

#3660-4889

Now it's waiting game for Mod's to fix the issue.

In my reward section, I can see my wife's number has been updated from Temp to ported number.

What a system bug. They took it upon themselves to fix the issue and messed up the account. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You can also use https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help to request an account reset. If Forgot Your Password does not get through you must await tech support, or the moderators.

Suggest you turn on email notification of private messages so you don't miss the reset notification. I believe those are time sensitive.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.