cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal in Toronto?!

clpo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've had only 2 signal bars on my iphone for a few months. Calls keep dropping or sometimes I can't dial out at all. I just got a new phone and the same thing is happening! (and there are still only 2 bars). Help! Is anyone else having this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’ve never had connection issues (aside from in the subway) while in Toronto, and I’m there everyday. 

@clpo wrote:

could it be anything to do with having an iphone SE?

Are all the phones you tried the same model? Can you borrow different phone from somebody to try?

Thanks

clpo

could it be anything to do with having an iphone SE?

clpo

That's always been my experience in the past as well! But not currently

clpo

I've tried 3 different phones 😞

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife PM signal always better than my Rogers signal --- anywhere,anytime.....

clpo

thanks for the response! It's happening in a number of different places 😞

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Signal strength depends on where you are...I have been to places in around Toronto (above ground) and have had 1-2 signal bars. Buildings can cause problems...but most of the time signals are good. Happens to me as well when I was with Bell. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There should be good coverage in the GTA.  Have you tried to reboot your phone ?

@clpo wrote:

Hi, I've had only 2 signal bars on my iphone for a few months. Calls keep dropping or sometimes I can't dial out at all. I just got a new phone and the same thing is happening! (and there are still only 2 bars). Help! Is anyone else having this issue?

Toronto is such a large place that network experience can widely differ. I would not worry about bars. Your phobe might be connecting to higher frequency signals. Is this happening everywhere or only in a certain area?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Not in the city

But inside buildings and especially under metal roofs I have that problem.

Is it everywhere you go?

Need Help? Let's chat.