cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: preference between monthly and 30 day renewal intervals

possiblepmuser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whereas monthly service intervals, on average, are (subtly) longer than 30 days, I see a more significant difference: monthly renewals/payments are easier to remember. Calendar reminders are also easier to set up. I wonder if PM users would value a fixed renewal date?

11 REPLIES 11

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah @Luddite, I guess my "tiny" comment really only applies to what everyone's definition of "tiny bit extra" is. It's funny, it doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up over time.

Well, true. Plus Auto-Pay does keep service in play

1.39% more per year; 1.67% in a leap year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think if you're not on autopay (like me) it makes it more annoying to remember. I remember when I had old old Public Mobile my payments were always on the 11th, so now whenever I hit the 11th of a month I feel as if I'm forgetting something. The 30 day payment periods are more annoying to get used to, but once you do, they really don't make all that much difference, except you'll end up paying a tiny it more in the long run.

I agree with @terrilin above. Also, 90 day plans end up being the most economical for most types of usages. So the importance of having true "monthly" plans is far lower. Plus 30 day plans make for easy comparison with the 10 and 90 days plans.

terrilin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if it's true, but I guess PM set 10, 30, 90 days as a marketing strategy. It's very easy for perople to compare the costs of X-day and Y-day PM offers (with the same voice & data choices), and figure out that 90-day one is the most economical. Overall, I think it's a strategy to attract subscribers to stay with PM longer 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello!

I find myself in agreement with the people above as I am also on auto-pay and on a 90-day plan.  Also, PM sends a reminder SMS before due date. 

One advantage I can think of in favor of the monthly renewal interval is that the data counter on my phone wouldn't have to be manually set every 30 days.

If anyone knows, I am curious as to why PM chose to go with 30-days instead of conventional monthly.

To be honest, I think that you should let that subject go. The headaches behind that have been enormous. Also, I have Auto-Pay too, so I know that I don't need to worry, as someone else is paying, and as long as service is rendered, I'm as happy as a Chest shire Cat

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yup, as already mentioned by @Luddite and @NDesai, makes little difference to me as auto pay is the way to go. Now, if we can get the remaining bugs ironed out for online payment, that would make my day, at least put my mind at ease for my first renewal in January.

Same as above, autopay makes it easier. And you get rewards for it so why not.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I'm using autopay so wouldn't make any difference to me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.