cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make PUK code available in self-serve account

mhchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have been trying to get the PUK code for the past three days. Did send email and also private messaged two moderators. No single response. My phone worked fine until I missed something during the sim card security setup and got locked, asking for a PUK code.
Do not expect a top customer service; but a PUK code should be allowed to share or available on my account.
15 REPLIES 15

yca

Thanks for the clarification.

In my case, Samsung also provided the "Master unlock code (MCK)" in case something goes wrong wiht the Network Unlock Code for the phone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@yca wrote:

If you have a Samsung phone and can show proof of purchase, you can go here:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/email/

choose either option ( I went with `General Support`as suggested by the live chat agent ),

tell them that you need to unlock your phone, give them your IMEI number,

then attach photos or screenshots of your receipt of purchase.

Samsung sent me a code the next business day (because I sent in my request late at night), so probably under 8 hour turn-around time, and maybe faster if you contact them during the day.

A reminder to all that Samsung, or any device manufactuer cannot provide the PUK of your sim card in any situation. This is a secuirty feature of the sim card - essentially a sim card password that is required after you have entered the sim card's security PIN too many times.

What Samsung can provide (because they sometimes lock devices to the first carrier's sim card inserted) is either the unlock code ("Sim Network Unlock PIN") or the master unlock code ("Sim network unlock PUK") for their devices.  These relate to a phone being locked to a different carrier.

These things being discussed in the different paragraphs are not the same thing. 

The fact that it also says PUK adds to the confusion. That's why I hedge my suggestion with "maybe".

I agree that the way the some phones even use the word 'sim' network unlock pin/puk when asking  for an unlock code so that it can be used with your carrier adds to the confusion.  It's likely that many customers do not even know which code they need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@yca wrote:

choose either option ( I went with `General Support`as suggested by the live chat agent ),

Samsung sent me a code the next business day (because I sent in my request late at night), so probably under 8 hour turn-around time, and maybe faster if you contact them during the day.

A reminder to all that Samsung, or any device manufactuer cannot provide the PUK of your sim card in any situation. This is a secuirty feature of the sim card - essentially a sim card password that is required after you have entered the sim card's security PIN too many times.

What Samsung can provide (because they sometimes lock devices to the first carrier's sim card inserted) is either the unlock code ("Sim Network Unlock PIN") or the master unlock code ("Sim network unlock PUK") for their devices.  These relate to a phone being locked to a different carrier.

These things being discussed in the different paragraphs are not the same thing. 

The fact that it also says PUK adds to the confusion. That's why I hedge my suggestion with "maybe".

@yca wrote:

yca

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Evansj1 wrote:

Please.sand me. My puk code 

If you have a Samsung phone then they might be able to do something for you.

@Evansj1 wrote:

You need to reach the moderator for a SIM CODE PUK. here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 And don't post any personal information click on the 3 dots right up in your message to hide your phone number.

Evansj1

mhchen

@Mary_M

Still no response yet from PM. Please look into it.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mhchen I suggested this in the public lab a few weeks ago. You can vote for it here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/PUK-should-be-available-in-Account/idi-p/72...

mhchen
Thanks for the replies. I wish that I knew the 1234 earlier. 🙂
Now, my sim is locked and asks for a PUK code. I understand that PM employee or moderators are busy now. But, please remove 48hours response in the support request email. That's a bit misleading and make customers including me, shaking head.

@stonechucker There is a facility to lock your SIM card with yet another 4 digit PIN. If you guess wtrong 3 times your SIM is locked and cannot connect to the network. Useful if one stores personal data on their SIM I guess.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite,

Only because I've never come across the requirement for a PUK code, what is it, and why or how would I be affected by it?  Seems like so many new members are getting this, but I have never seen it myself.

Jtn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having the same issue. Shouldn't have to wait a few days for customer service to pull up a number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you did not set the SIM lock yourself, try 1234. Apparently that is the PM default. It may be faster to get a new SIM.

Meanwhile, you could make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.