cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help urgent

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello all , my account has been suspended due to my credit card expiration so once I contacted to the moderator they asked me to Verify my account either with a code which supposed to send in my phone or through self serve, I can't receive any more text messages nor I have access to self serve as I forgot password and secret questions answer . It's my moms phone. She can't remember anything please help me . This month is the last month then she gona loose her number. 

18 REPLIES 18

Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text kills long distance charges from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada.

PM Long Distance Add-ons work out to 1 cent/min (Canada-wide, if you need it), 4 cents/minute (Canada & USA), 3.75 cents/min (Canada & USA & International).

"International" means "globally, at least wherever they can operate 2G GSM or better cellular service" for Text.

"International" means "one of the countries on the list" for Long Distance. To call anywhere else you'll need some sort of calling card (which PM doesn't sell). 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston Absolutely....so not a large balance but enough that you want to get your value back out of it.

Value don’t care about. I don’t have a spare phone nor am I going to switch sims and have phone settings hassles. Will leave balance so I can eventually port numbers. And by the way we have to 75 cents a month top for 911  fees. 

@88cranston Absolutely....so not a large balance but enough that you want to get your value back out of it.

88cranston

@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  You have a prepaid plan with telus that has a balance that covers your plan til August of 2020?

Yes I do. We both have a loyalty plan, Talk 100. We call each other free, 10 cents a minute (instead of 50 cents a minute), plus an additional 50 cents for long distance, and 50 cents for each text. And as you know one text means amount 4 in/out. The Talk 100 costs $100 a year x 2 then I have to have funds to cover any activity other than calling each other. I did a comparison of our Telus plan to PM snd there was a small savings but more options like 100 minutes calling included, in/out texting included etc. So more for a little less. 

So why did I not wait to move to PM till August? Because my Telus Account has $18 left and my wife a little more. Sooooo if I have to add more......it went to PM. And once I see PM as ok will drop Telus. Make sense?

@88cranston  You have a prepaid plan with telus that has a balance that covers your plan til August of 2020?

88cranston

@Korth wrote:

@88cranston

Your structured payment management strategy sounds far too involved for my tastes.

Is easy if you run a financial calendar. 

I just check nto Self-Serve whenever I receive an SMS reminder. My Plan is $25 (for now) so whenever I see the balance is $25 or less I just throw in another fifty bucks. Basically 3+ months prepaid service (with Rewards), followed by up to 3 months without service before losing the number, it's plenty of recovery time even if Unexpected Bad Things somehow happen over and over again. 

Good, you just have a different form of paying ahead. Which I may adopt!,

I am just new. I see that the SMS  to remind a payment is due is on the same day of payment due ☹️☹️  not much of an advanced warning. So do you get an SMS every month without fail even if yip have a balance that exceeds the payment due? But you get no warning if your balance is less than $25? (You are speaking of similar features of my VoIP.ms account where I can set reminders based on my balance)

Sure, I lose all the interest I could've collected on those funds... but to me the lack of worry and hassle, along with no need to schedule around a strict monthly financial regimen is well worth the few pennies I allow to slip away. (Very few pennies interest on $50 over 60 days, lol, even less than an Oracle's hourly wage. 

I agree! Prevent a headache.😀

I don't think I'll need to carefully manage my Self-Serve balance down to an exactly-calculated $0.00 until I choose to close account and leave PM - and I don't expect to do that on a whim - indeed I'd probably just quietly give/sell/transfer it to a friend if needed - so I don't see much disadvantage to locking a little bit of my money into a non-refundable account which already pays for something I already have to pay anyways.

I agree, I need to modify my plans and take some regiment away. 

Not saying you're doing it wrong, I commend you for adhering to an ordered lifestyle.

Just saying the way you do it wouldn't be the best approach for everyone. I already made choices which save big money (cheap Plan, Rewards, etc) specifically so I wouldn't have to constantly fret over choices which save small money. 

I have the $15 plan. My idea was to prepay $13.39 plus 12% tax = $15. That covers my plan and leaves 39 cents plus the insecure $1 refferal reward that equals $1.39 per month, to be left there to build up. I don’t want to have too much buildup in PM. I regret doing that with Telus as I still have a 1 year plan fully paid to August but will have to add $ for calls and texting. So since my month 2 payment was $15-$10-$2-$1=$2 I decided to pay the $2 plus another $15 to be a month ahead as with out the rewards it would have cost me approx. $15 anyways.😀 I like your idea and will work it in. Thanks. 

@88cranston

Your structured payment management strategy sounds far too involved for my tastes.

I just check nto Self-Serve whenever I receive an SMS reminder. My Plan is $25 (for now) so whenever I see the balance is $25 or less I just throw in another fifty bucks. Basically 3+ months prepaid service (with Rewards), followed by up to 3 months without service before losing the number, it's plenty of recovery time even if Unexpected Bad Things somehow happen over and over again. 

Sure, I lose all the interest I could've collected on those funds... but to me the lack of worry and hassle, along with no need to schedule around a strict monthly financial regimen is well worth the few pennies I allow to slip away. (Very few pennies interest on $50 over 60 days, lol, even less than an Oracle's hourly wage. ) 

I don't think I'll need to carefully manage my Self-Serve balance down to an exactly-calculated $0.00 until I choose to close account and leave PM - and I don't expect to do that on a whim - indeed I'd probably just quietly give/sell/transfer it to a friend if needed - so I don't see much disadvantage to locking a little bit of my money into a non-refundable account which already pays for something I already have to pay anyways.

Not saying you're doing it wrong, I commend you for adhering to an ordered lifestyle.

Just saying the way you do it wouldn't be the best approach for everyone. I already made choices which save big money (cheap Plan, Rewards, etc) specifically so I wouldn't have to constantly fret over choices which save small money. 

@cavemantoronto  It was left for a test. My friend whose account it's on knows he has to replace it once he receives his visa/debit and is fully aware of the consequences of allowing it to attempt to charge. The account is topped up for 6 more renewals so an attempt is unlikely by the time he does replace it wth his own. We just thought why not see what if anything would happen.

@darlicious wrote:

The intention is for the account holder to get a visa/debit to replace my card for security reasons. But since then once my purse was stolen we thought we would test the theory....no issue yet.

I would remove it. Merchant sees error code when cards are declined. If you forget and it tries to charge, what could error of "stolen card" do to your Public Mobile account? 

@88cranston  Excellent advice on the autopay issue. FYI on the credit card and recieving the autopay reward. If you choose to not charge the card but top up with vouchers the credit card on file does not have to be in good standing or technically "valid" as long as the expiry date is still good. Unless the card is charged pm has no way of knowing it's validity or if it's overlimit. We tested this by keeping my now stolen credit card on an account that is well topped up for several renewals by voucher. It was only ever used for the initial payment and to register for autopay. The intention is for the account holder to get a visa/debit to replace my card for security reasons. But since then once my purse was stolen we thought we would test the theory....no issue yet.

88cranston

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Farjy 

You should get a voucher and add funds dialing 611, then it would be active phone where Moderators would be able to sms verification code and help you getting into her account

You can get the vouchers in Walmart or most gas stations. Can you find out how much we her plan through credit card bills?

In a meantime you can try to locate welcome message for self-serve (not community) and see if you can gain access. But to save her number best bet is paying by voucher right away

While I have not been in this predicament, this response seems to be the logical step to take. 

Some tips for you and all:

When you set up a automatic payment from a credit card, take a screen print of it so you have a record of Company you set up auto payment with. Then write on the screen print ie. Visa, Expires 20,2025. Then file the screen print (I use one of those free book calendars from a realtor) and when your new card arrives (which is your second warning), update your PM account. Or make a master list or what ever works for you. Any self help to avoid self imposed issues is your best bet. 

Much to my disagreement I have been swayed by others here to do the following. 

1. Set up auto-pay on credit card

2. Top up my account the first Thurdsay of every month. 

So what will happen is this. My monthly renewal is the 15th ish of every month. I have a $15 plan -$2 for auto pay, -$1 for a referral = $12 a month plus taxes. I top up my account to always pay $13 plus taxes as there is no guarantee of the continuance of the $1 referral. So I top up $13.39 plus 12% tax = $15 which leaves me with a top up of $13.39. So I have overpaid by $.39 and have an additional buffer referral credit of $1 to use for an add-on once funds have grown. Keep in mind PM takes funds from your account first, then your auto-pay set up. So if your credit card does not allow you the top up.....you know you have a problem. Resolve the problem by ensuring the expiry date is good and you are in good standing with the credit card, try another card, or go buy a voucher. This way you have the auto-pay credit for your $2 off and have kind of self insured yourself to ensure renewal always is a positive experience. 

@Farjy wrote:

I have provided. Please check . 

It's important to remember that regular members of this message board are custommers and do not work for Public Mobile. Public Mobile moderators may never read the message that you posted here.

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have provided. Please check . 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Farjy 

The following is a list of info PM needs to verify that you are the account owner:

- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

PM needs any 3 of these info to verify your identity.

@Farjy You can also verify the account by PIN number or providing as many details about the account to satisfy Public Mobile's requirements. This is an account specific issue, so only they can help.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Farjy 

You should get a voucher and add funds dialing 611, then it would be active phone where Moderators would be able to sms verification code and help you getting into her account

You can get the vouchers in Walmart or most gas stations. Can you find out how much we her plan through credit card bills?

In a meantime you can try to locate welcome message for self-serve (not community) and see if you can gain access. But to save her number best bet is paying by voucher right away

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Farjy wrote:

Hello all , my account has been suspended due to my credit card expiration so once I contacted to the moderator they asked me to Verify my account either with a code which supposed to send in my phone or through self serve, I can't receive any more text messages nor I have access to self serve as I forgot password and secret questions answer . It's my moms phone. She can't remember anything please help me . This month is the last month then she gona loose her number. 

@Farjy  Check your mom's email for a welcome to PM email.  Let us know if you find it.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Farjy if you've already been in contact with the moderators there's nothing more we can do here in the community!  The moderators are the one you need to talk to for help with that!  Good luck! 

Need Help? Let's chat.