cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not working

Bainer55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up for new promo plan public mobile offered me. it was 3GB for $35 plus unlimited international text. My plan renewed today but all of a sudden i cant send texts or call anyone and everytime i do public mobile states i dont have text and talk in my plan even though it clearly states i do. I cant get through to any moderators and im being charged basically triple what i was last month and i dont even get to use any of it

14 REPLIES 14

@Bainer55 wrote:

unfortunately i dont have that kind of time im waiting to hear back from my work which cant get a hold of me and if i cant go back to work i cant pay my public mobile bill you see what im sayin

@Bainer55 

If restarting the phone does not resolve the issue and you have to contact Moderators for help, I suggest informing your work of an alternate number where you can be reached.

If you do not have a readily available number, you can download a free app such as TextNow (you will get your own number) that you can use in the meantime via wifi.

Try @hairbag1 's suggestion.  Here's a screenshot to help

20200504_182846.jpg

@Bainer55  download textnow in the meantime and let your work know your textnow number. You can call and text through it on wifi. 

@Bainer55 wrote:

unfortunately i dont have that kind of time im waiting to hear back from my work which cant get a hold of me and if i cant go back to work i cant pay my public mobile bill you see what im sayin

Once you reach out to moderators, you'll have to wait to hear back for moderator team, so while waiting...try the suggestions provided by the Community Forum members.

Bainer55

***Duplicate posts***  There's no need to post the same question multiple times.

@Bainer55 You already posted here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Text-message-not-working/m-p/546403

and another one here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Plan-not-working/m-p/546415

@Bainer55 wrote:

Yep its all active. tried airplane mode still wont work

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons...find and click on Lost/Stolen. Click on Suspend then shut down phone for a moment. Restart phone, repeat steps only this time click on Resume service. Restart phone again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 Try to turn off your phone and put out SIM for several mins, then insert it back and turn the phone on. If you still have the problem, then better to ask moderators to restart your account on their end.

Bainer55

Yep its all active. tried airplane mode still wont work

Bainer55

Signed up for new promo plan public mobile offered me. it was 3GB for $35 plus unlimited international text. My plan renewed today but all of a sudden i cant send texts or call anyone and everytime i do public mobile states i dont have text and talk in my plan even though it clearly states i do. I cant get through to any moderators and im being charged basically triple what i was last month and i dont even get to use any of it

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 you are the second person with this problem within an hour. Try restarting your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  If this doesnt work contact a moderator and explain your situation. There 2 ways. Simon faster, private message slower response.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 

If you have not had success contacting a moderator (Public Mobile representative) via the chatbot:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

....use this direct link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 the moderators take 24 to 48 hours to respond. I know that is a long time. Try restarting your phone and resetting your network settings. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 wrote:

Try turning on Airplane mode...wait for a couple minutes, then turn off Airplane mode.

Let us know what fixes things.

Need Help? Let's chat.