cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not working.

Lilbriwn870
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got the 40$ plan, I've been a pm member for a while now, I never had this problem but my plan will not work. My old plan expired yesterday and I didn't get around to putting money into my account until today and when I selected my plan and renewed it the plan won't work. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance. 

18 REPLIES 18

Lilbriwn870

@Lporter add 1-2$ to your account .that may fix it too. Lost/stolen trick works sometimes too

@Lporter

You could try the following

- rebooting your phone

- the lost/stolen phone trick 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

- try his SIM card in your phone to determine if it is a hardware issue versus service issue

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator for help.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lporter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am just learning how to use this community board concept, bare with the newbie.

We got a brand new phone number. Activated today.

He can receive and send text.

He can receive calls.

But cannot make outgoing calls

...if you start a whole new thread, you'll have a far better chance to get resolution. 

@Lporter

You might in the future start your own thread/topic to get better visibility.  

Did your husband port a number over?  Or activate a new PM phone number?  How long has it been since activation of account?  Can he receive calls?  text? data?  More details would be helpful...

Lporter

I have just set up both my husband and I on public mobile. 

However my husband's outgoing calls will not work. 

Please advise a way to resolve the issue

@Lilbriwn870 wrote:

I did the lost phone trick

Glad you got it sorted.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Lilbriwn870

I did the lost phone trick

@Lilbriwn870 wrote:

It's working now. Thabk you alot everyone

Do you know what fixed it? Sometimes it is nothing more than time.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Lilbriwn870

It's working now. Thabk you alot everyone

@Lilbriwn870 wrote:

I did the lost phone trick, I can call now but still no data or texting. 

Another account reset option that many found to work is to add $1 funds to your account.

Lilbriwn870

I did the lost phone trick, I can call now but still no data or texting. 

Not sure if you've attempted restarting your phone or not.  Give that a shot.

Also, as mentioned above, report the phone LOST in SelfServe, wait about 5 or 10 minutes, the report it FOUND in the same place.

Lilbriwn870

About and hour or so now. 

@Lilbriwn870

Try the lost/stolen phone trick.  In your self service account, report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Login back in a few minutes.  Report your phone found.  Re-boot your phone.

This seems to re-boot/re-set your SIM and plan.  

mkharban

Is the service bar in the screenshot that of public mobile's? I have had instances in the past where it would take some time for the renewal to take effect (like 1-2 hours). How long has it been since you've renewed it?

Lilbriwn870

Screenshot_2018-11-30-15-48-17.png

Says it's active but not working. Can't call, text nor use my data @stonechucker

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Lilbriwn870, when you say it won't work, is it the phone that's not working or the status change to 'Active' that isn't working?

Need Help? Let's chat.