cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan features?

blue_dot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm considering switching over to Public Mobile and it can't find this information documented anywhere.  I did find something via Google at one point and can't find it anymore, but this information really should be documented up front on the plans page.

What features are included on the plan?

Call Display? With name?
Voicemail? How many messages? how long of messages? How long of retention?
Call Waiting?
Conference Calling?
Call Forwarding?

Any thing else come with the plan?  Any features (like Visual Voicemail) that can be added but aren't listed in the plan page?

Just trying to do my homework before I make the final decision to switch over.

3 REPLIES 3

blue_dot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the information.  It is still something that should be listed up front on the plans page.

I am aware of the limitations of Public Mobile in the support department, and realize that I'd be trading off cost vs availablity of support.  Given than in that last 15 years of cell service, I've only had to call for support once (due to a phone roaming to the wrong partner), I'm comfortable with the email/forum support.

As for porting in a number, I have paid attention to the forums 😉

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its always good to do your homework. 🙂

as mentioned above call disaplay included but not name (unless its one of your contacts)

voicemail (10 messsages, 5 minute, 10 days) from this tread

call waiting yes

conference calling yes

call forwarding yes

things to note.

1)  there is NO number to call and get help, only the forums, one of teh big reasons PM is less expensive.  typically replys done withing 24 hours if not sooner.  last couple months mods were overloaded

2)  PM uses teh same network as Telus and Koodo, so coverage is the smae and phones from telus or koodo will work and dont need to be unlocked

3) rewards are great and can bring cost of plans down significantly.

4) there is a great community for helping peopls 

5) if porting get a new PM number first then port your exiting number. (search forums  about sucessful porting for more info, or ask in cimmunity)

6) the website /plan renewals/changes  can be a bit glitchy so just be aware , mods are great at fixing though.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there. 

Public Mobile have all the feature you mentioned. 

I'm not so sure about voicemail message retention but i do know i have some voicemail for over 6 months and are still there. 

I'm using everyday Conference call without a problem.

Display call yes: It show you who is calling and also what Country call if the Number it's not in your Agenda.

Visual Voicemail nop. Just voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.