cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Suggestion

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know we aren't traveling to the US unless your an essential worker. If PM wanted to target an essential worker traveling to US then maybe bring back Canada US plan. It would get essential workers for example the many truck drivers or medical workers from Windsor who travel to Detroit to join. 

In time we will go back to traveling and people who have family in US would likely jump to PM if they knew PM had permanent Canada US plans. I was lucky to have the limited time Canada US plan offered last summer. Having family in the US it really helped. I have other family members who would join PM if they brought back those plans. Their US roaming gets expensive. Hope I'm not alone in wanting these plans to come back. If they do I'd recommend PM to lots of people.

16 REPLIES 16

tehowennathe

TextNow has been nothing but issues in the past. Text are delayed because I can see notifications but not messages. Calls are hard to hang up. Sometimes I get notifications but no sound letting me know. I don't like TextNow

tehowennathe

@Jb456 in past experience TextNow app has been bad. Text are delayed as you can see notifications and can't read the text. No matter how many times I downloaded the app I had issues where calls can't be hung up. It's good for free texting but not when you need it for something important.

@tehowennathe  would the TEXTNOW app be any help for you?

You can get an area code in USA or Canada..514/438 /450 here.

Free USA/ Canada calling, text even has voicemail. Works anywhere in the world all you need is a wifi connection. Works on data to.

tehowennathe

If PM could add different Canada US plans I'd be happy. I don't need as much data as my Canada US plan has but I'm happy with the plan with having family across the border.

@tehowennathe  hate that border even in normal times. Always cross at fort Covington when going to the USA side of sasne. but understand your situation. They're always beeeeeppss at that broder. Lol.

tehowennathe

@Jb456 yeah cornwall border asked a million questions on why I was in Akwesasne and that I could only cross that one time because I'm not supposed to. Don't know think many people know because US border says it's ok for us to cross if it's for a good reason. They didn't even ask why I crossed when they seen I'm from Kahnawake. 

@tehowennathe  I knew you were from Ktown from a post a few months back when you were talking about slow internet (Paul's 🤣) I'm from Ktown to lmao. Get first Nations wireless. No issues with them. 

Wasn't aware of that in sasne. I went across the border a few days ago to Champlain to mail some stuff at USPS. No issues at all crossing.

Take care!

tehowennathe

@Jb456 apparently it does matter what reservation your from. Crossed to bring sister who was staying with me so she could be back with her husband. Was in US and crossed at Akwesasne. Being from Kahnawake, Canada said that only people from Akwesasne can cross and that since I'm from a different reservation I'm not supposed to cross. Was in US max 10 minutes but still got the must stay home 14 days or get the million dollar fine or 3 year jail time. So even though natives don't have a border the exemption only applies to Akwesasne and essential workers 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe  

Khwe,

Your username isn't it not Mohawk?. If yes, Natives have duel citizenship you don't need to be an essential worker to cross the border. We don't have borders or blocked provinces. At least here in Quebec/Ontario we don't. Should be the same across the country called Kannada 😝

Ó:nen

The $60 US roaming plan wasn’t offered by PM for long but there was certainly a lot of interest in it. I have one referral on it. Those that ARE on it have to decide if they are good on that plan at $60 in all the months that they aren’t going to the USA In order to keep it now. Not bad for those who would be on the $50 8.5 Gb plan otherwise but those who are good on the $15 or $25 plan normally are paying a fairly large premium to hang on to the US roaming plan hoping they can “roam” again one day!

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe , there is always the option of getting a US plan with roaming in Canada.  I think AT&T offers one and at a great price too.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe 

There are definitely some plans that I have seen other people have right now that would be attractive. Or even some of the bonuses that people have received looked amazing! Public Mobile seems to be thinking and working alongside their customers a lot! Hold in there they will probably come back once the borders open up. 

tehowennathe

@gblackma the $60 Canada US plan was a good deal because other companies star at $75 for Canada US plan. Plus other companies have you use your plan data as if your at home. When PM had it, the plan included an additional 2GB data just for the US. There where times when I traveled to a new place that family member traveled to and I used tons of GPS. I used more data then usual because of that and it didn't touch my Canada data. It's very useful so you don't run out of data while on vacation and then have none when you get home. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe, you know they have a promotion till May 31, where you get an additional $20 for your first referral plus, the usual Refer a Friend Reward of $10 for your friend, and you get $1 a month as long as they stay with Public Mobile. Check your text messages for more details. You could sign up one of the family members for the time being, and get the rewards as well the loyalty rewards plans for them. It can be a low-cost plan at $15 and when it's essential, you have a back-up or a family can take over it? Just my two-cents to along with your 2-cents suggestion! 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe from what I hear the $60 US roaming Friends and family plan was great. Stay safe.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the line up:)

I'm not waiting for myself but I have to alert couple of people once we get it back:)

Need Help? Let's chat.