cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Plan Does not Include Text Messages' getting sent over and over.

Alpha17x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan does not include text messages, this is true and by intent.   However I repeatedly get messages from '611' saying;

"Sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info on your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca"

I am not sending any text messages for this to even be triggered. What is going on? Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

mvboecking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That doesn't work.  You get stuck on that page whe no board is selected (again, I don't see any board selection anywhere on the page).

@mvboecking wrote:

I'd love to post a new question, but when I try I get a validation failure:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Please select a board to continue.

Where on earth is this board selection?!

If I understand well don't take attention to that message click post...

mvboecking

I'd love to post a new question, but when I try I get a validation failure:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Please select a board to continue.

Where on earth is this board selection?!

@mvboecking wrote:

I am getting these messages this morning every time I send a text.  I'm not sure yet if people are actually reeciving them, but they should be.  My plan is on autopay and I definitely have enough funds for that to go through.  This has never happened before.  What's the issue here?

In My Account, I can see the following message:
"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."
My Account Status is currrently "Plan Expired" but this should not be the case, unless this is what always happens during autopay.

It would be easier to post your problem in a new topic here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage

and for your problem is your account shows ACTIVE in your self serve account? Autopay could have be not taken....

mvboecking

I am getting these messages this morning every time I send a text.  I'm not sure yet if people are actually reeciving them, but they should be.  My plan is on autopay and I definitely have enough funds for that to go through.  This has never happened before.  What's the issue here?

In My Account, I can see the following message:
"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."
My Account Status is currrently "Plan Expired" but this should not be the case, unless this is what always happens during autopay.

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alpha17x If you would like to disable notifications for sms, on iOS go to settings > notifications > messages and shut off allow notifications

On Android (varies slightly depending on phone) Go settings > notifications > select your SMS app > choose block all.

Doing this will give you no notifications whatsoever on your phone, meaning if you receive a text you won't be notified at all, for you this won't be an issue, but if you do get texting on your plan and someone tries to contact you you won't receive a notification  message, or if Public Mobile tries to send you a text you won't get a notification.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

even if you dont have a messagin addon, you will recieve incoming text always. (i dont know if that answers your questions). best of luck 

I get notifications from my Pharmacy for renewals of meds, pickups and so forth, but I have an SMS plan.  Is it possible you have any service setup to send a message for authentication, or a reminder service, and you have other ways to deal with it?

mattdxb

I know someone on the provincial talk only plan and she gets the same text every once in a while. Hard to say whether it's because she's being sent texts without being able to receive them. No one would text her unless it's spam and even then, I find it hard to believe she gets them as often as she does. 

Perhaps it's an automated message from PM

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I get them regularly on my data only plan. I just turn off all notifications and move the messaging widget to an empty screen. 

Alpha17x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope, and no one has the PM number because I use VOIP.  The PM number will pretty much never be given out.  I've been looking up how to disable SMS and the instructions are either poor, or not actually related to disabling SMS. I suppose that's SEO for you.  I wish I could figure out what's actually being sent, or trying to get through.

Mr-Bump

Is disabling your SMS app an option? I know this is ignoring the issue but it could save some grief temporarily.

I think @xCameron94x might be right though, and these are incoming messages being blocked. Did you receive many texts before beginning a plan without text?

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

It could be that you are receving a text message, thats my real only guess. 

Need Help? Let's chat.