cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pis*ed - My phone messages were deleted after less than 2 weeks

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How can I get back these messages. They were wiped from the system after less than two weeks

My phone messages were deleted before 2 weeks...about a week and a half after saving them. I cant believe this. This is rediculous. I had some very important messages I was going to archive and didnt get to it as I was very busy...now they are gone

This skimping on the voice messageing system is totally out of whack and there is no proper information on it after they changed it about 1.5 years ago.

15 REPLIES 15

Bubba

@kav2001c wrote:

@Bubba if you do not listen to message it normally deletes in 7 days

If you listen to it then it normally deletes in 14 days

This never changed in years

"This never changed in year"s"?

Sorry to nit pick on words but PM has oly been around in the online for for a few years

Bubba

Sorry to every one that added thier info  and I was not able to get back and follow up on this.

I searched the system when I originally wrote the messae and there was little no information on this or the voice mail system.

I'm only able to save about 6 messages.

Saving and keeping the original messages seem to be about 10 now days.

After they chopped down the original voice mail I didnt know about the 10 day limit and resaving.

They kept chipping away at the voice mail from what it originally was. You used to have weeks to recover old deleted emails, and the old amount used to well more than I ever recieved or was able to save.

So whats the final consensus on days and amounts of messages

as 

some people seem to have different inforamtion

@srlawren it could have changed

But I am sure it holds more than 10 messages (unless it changed)

Both Telus & Bell used to allow 25 messages on old system before they cheaped out on new plans with mini voicemails (3 messages)

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jorno wrote:

@koimr1 wrote:

Going forward you may want to set yourself up with Fongo and then have missed calls forwarded to your Fongo number - you can then have Fongo set to email the voicemail to you, I have found this a lot more convenient.

Fongo is just an example - there's probably others out there that will do the same but since Fongo is free and has been working for me for years I've never bothered (other than a brief test with voip.ms) to try anything else.

Interesting setup.  Can you retrieve Fongo voicemail by dialing your Fongo number from a phone?

Yup. Although I don't do this (I just use the forward-to-email thing) you can check it in the Fongo app itself or via remote number:

Fongo: Check voicemail remotely

Edit: Ooops, also you can check your voicemail as well from the Fongo site itself after logging onto your account.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@koimr1 wrote:

Going forward you may want to set yourself up with Fongo and then have missed calls forwarded to your Fongo number - you can then have Fongo set to email the voicemail to you, I have found this a lot more convenient.

Fongo is just an example - there's probably others out there that will do the same but since Fongo is free and has been working for me for years I've never bothered (other than a brief test with voip.ms) to try anything else.

Interesting setup.  Can you retrieve Fongo voicemail by dialing your Fongo number from a phone?

brent_liza

Our voicemails are 10 messages and 10 days.

To retrieve them if they deleted you have 48 hours by pressing 19 from the main menu.

This link tells you about the capacity and storage time. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voicemail-capacity/m-p/80850#M10010

This is a link from Telus which is the same set up as the Public Mobile voicemail system.

image.png

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

@kav2001c you're sure about that?  I thought it was 10 messages up to 5 mins each for 10 days.  Am I wrong?  (That's entirely possible, of course)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

koimr1

@Bubba wrote:

How can I get back these messages. They were wiped from the system after less than two weeks

My phone messages were deleted before 2 weeks...about a week and a half after saving them. I cant believe this. This is rediculous. I had some very important messages I was going to archive and didnt get to it as I was very busy...now they are gone

This skimping on the voice messageing system is totally out of whack and there is no proper information on it after they changed it about 1.5 years ago.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bubba FYI they get deleted after 10 days.  If you go in and save it, that resets the clock for another 10 days.  As noted, you can do that indefinitely, as long as you don't go over the 10 days each time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

brent_liza

If it has been within 48 hours you can try to recover them when you login and press 19 from the main menu. this worked for me.

LEGO

You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion.

LEGO

CORRECTION: As far as I know, your messages stay in the system indefinitely if you keep saving them!

LEGO

As far as I know, your messages stay in the system indefinitely if you save them!

matbasm

@Bubba, I don't think there is any way to get them back once they are deleted from the system. Public Mobile being a low priced carrier doesn't store messages for very long.  It is what it is.

Need Help? Let's chat.