cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging

Madeline1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I contacted Telus and they were able to get my puk number and I was able to reset my phone thanks. I have another problem which I was trying to resolve when I ran into the problem before. When I get a text of a picture I cannot down load it or open it on the phone. I am signed onto the wi fit and that doesn’t help. Is this a phone setting problem. I have purchased a data plan and haven’t used it yet.

[Separated and title edited ...... Luddite]

6 REPLIES 6

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1 What is your phone, and did you turn on the data? Thanks.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Madeline1 

You need data enabled to send and receive picture MMS.

Update APN if not correct.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If you have an iPhone using iMessage, you need to enable SMS under the iMessage settings in order to send or receive picture MMS to/from Android user because iMessage protocol is different from SMS/MMS.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Madeline1Better info if you tell us make/model of your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Madeline1  data needs to be on/  enabled to be able to send/ receive mms messages.  If it's an iPhone, sms and mms should be enabled to send / receive messages from an Android phone. Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1 wrote:

I contacted Telus and they were able to get my puk number and I was able to reset my phone thanks. I have another problem which I was trying to resolve when I ran into the problem before. When I get a text of a picture I cannot down load it or open it on the phone. I am signed onto the wi fit and that doesn’t help. Is this a phone setting problem. I have purchased a data plan and haven’t used it yet.

Is your cellular data turned on in the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.