cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone works for calls but not internet

nigelhorvath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I upgraded my account to the $40 plan at 3 p.m this afternoon. It is now 10:30 p.m and while my phone still works, I still don't have internet. I have checked the APN settings, rebooted the phone and even pulled the sim for 60 seconds and still not working. I tried the report phone as stolen and after 10 minutes, reported as found. Still nothing and was in the middle of trying something else when (don't remember what help section I was in) it asked me to enter my phone number for verification , and tells me my number doesn't exist. Yet I can still make calls. Someone please help.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad you figured out the issue and got it working. Welcome to Public Mobile!

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to read you figured things out @nigelhorvath

It's unfortunate when people aren't able to use the services the way they are supposed to. 

Good on you for getting that issue resolved.

Initial setup would be tricky sometimes.  At least it works.

Time to cruise along!  Smiley Happy

nigelhorvath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply but after going back and checking what I had done, this time I was wearing my glasses and realised I had typed 1 wrong letter under the APN header, I had so.mb.com instead of sp.mb.com.

Once I corrected it, well lets just say I feel just a little bit stupid but at least it's working now.

Thanks for the reply though, was pretty quick.

Regards

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As mentioned above, please make sure that your selfserve portal shows that your plan has actually changed.  You may have selected the "future date" option, in which case your plan wouldn't actually change until your next renewal date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nigelhorvath, First off, did you check you self serve account to make sure that the plan change actually took place?  Does that data show up?

Need Help? Let's chat.