cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone still not working

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks for the scrolling down, but so far here's the whole page. Probably because the number is not ported over yet there's nothing there. It's all okay though as once the moderator gets my phone fixed I am sure I will figure it out. I just thought it would be nice to know in advance how to handle addons. It was something to do while I watch my dead phone......LOL.

Yeah that's the right place. There should be a whole chart of add-on options. Not sure why it's not showing.

Your phone isn't dead though Smiley Happy you can still call out and text out. Just not inbound.

While you're watching your half-dead phone maybe you want to get your data going.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone still not working

@PublicMob438 wrote:

I can tell it is not ported fully yet. When I call my cell I am still getting my old voice mail. The prior provider PCMobile says they can still see the account and calls coming in that are going to voice mail. Obviously the porting over did not complete. I don't think the phone stolen will work since the old provider can still see calls as of a couple of minutes ago. Obviously need the moderators and I guess this is a peak time. All in all, my boss is probably right. It will take days. The old sim card does not work and PCMobile told me that is correct as the phone number is kind of in limbo caught between two providers. They suggested getting a new phone number with publicmobile and then port the old one over. However I don't see anyway to just "get" a new phone number with the moderators so I guess I am stuck in limbo. A bit disappointing since we all live on our phones. The woman at PCMobile was saying I have about 50 messages so far in voice mail and about a few hundred in texts which she said won't get lost but I will have to wait to respond. I sent an email to my friends and co-workers so they know what's happened. 

@PublicMob438  Do not change numbers while you port is stuck it will just make things worse. As for your messages why can't you just call the PC Mobile main voicemail number and retrieve them?