cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone still not working

I can tell it is not ported fully yet. When I call my cell I am still getting my old voice mail. The prior provider PCMobile says they can still see the account and calls coming in that are going to voice mail. Obviously the porting over did not complete. I don't think the phone stolen will work since the old provider can still see calls as of a couple of minutes ago. Obviously need the moderators and I guess this is a peak time. All in all, my boss is probably right. It will take days. The old sim card does not work and PCMobile told me that is correct as the phone number is kind of in limbo caught between two providers. They suggested getting a new phone number with publicmobile and then port the old one over. However I don't see anyway to just "get" a new phone number with the moderators so I guess I am stuck in limbo. A bit disappointing since we all live on our phones. The woman at PCMobile was saying I have about 50 messages so far in voice mail and about a few hundred in texts which she said won't get lost but I will have to wait to respond. I sent an email to my friends and co-workers so they know what's happened. 

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

That's good to know although I would prefer a 30 day plan from moment of activation rather than purchase. Where do I find this plan and prices. I don't see a link in my account. Is that where I go? Thanks for all info.

You can have a description of the different plans here...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

I can tell it is not ported fully yet. When I call my cell I am still getting my old voice mail. The prior provider PCMobile says they can still see the account and calls coming in that are going to voice mail. Obviously the porting over did not complete. I don't think the phone stolen will work since the old provider can still see calls as of a couple of minutes ago. Obviously need the moderators and I guess this is a peak time. All in all, my boss is probably right. It will take days. The old sim card does not work and PCMobile told me that is correct as the phone number is kind of in limbo caught between two providers. They suggested getting a new phone number with publicmobile and then port the old one over. However I don't see anyway to just "get" a new phone number with the moderators so I guess I am stuck in limbo. A bit disappointing since we all live on our phones. The woman at PCMobile was saying I have about 50 messages so far in voice mail and about a few hundred in texts which she said won't get lost but I will have to wait to respond. I sent an email to my friends and co-workers so they know what's happened. 

Don't change anything before your port is complete. Before you have an answer from the moderator...Smiley Frustrated

Thanks but I was trying to find how to add on the US plan from my account. Any idea how to do that?

Good advice. I am just leaving the phone as is for now and hope they get back to me this week at least.

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks but I was trying to find how to add on the US plan from my account. Any idea how to do that?

You can have a plan WHEN you are in Canada included calls to US or you can have a roaming add-on when you ARE IN US.

That's great, but how do I get the add-on. I don't see how to add this in my self-serve account. Any idea where I need to look in my self-serve account to buy the addons? 

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

That's great, but how do I get the add-on. I don't see how to add this in my self-serve account. Any idea where I need to look in my self-serve account to buy the addons? 

Right there in the middle...Purchase Add-ons.

A page with a big blue area comes on and you can toggle a counter for whichever add-on you like.

Remember...r o a m i n g for the US...not the 200 or 400 minute add-on.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Capture.PNG

I must be blind. I see the MY ADDONS button which basically tells me this, I don't see in any of the tabs where I actually buy the addons in my profile. Is it outside the profile?

Add-Ons5

If you need U.S. Roaming, Long Distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

U.S. Roaming MMS service (picture or video) requires both SMS and data service to be enabled and will consume data if used. If you choose SMS service only, MMS will not be enabled.

Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related don’t have any expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.