cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Phone still not working

Yes the account was active and now shows active on the publicmobile network but nothing works except text ads from public mobile and I can call out but not accept incoming, no voice mail, call display etc and no incoming text or data.

I was just on the phone with another company. DOn't know if they allow you to post other phone company names. This company has phone support NC, same prices as PM and if luck would have it I can buy an add on for when I travel to the USA to call back and text back to friends in Canada good for 30 days. Does anyone know if I can do the same thing with publicmobile? The other phone company is through Costco and Bell. Thanks in advance.

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Yes the account was active and now shows active on the publicmobile network but nothing works except text ads from public mobile and I can call out but not accept incoming, no voice mail, call display etc and no incoming text or data.

Data should work because data not depend on porting.

Are you using a LG phone?

If yes, do a network reset.  Restart your phone.  If APN is not set up correctly, you need to manually add your APN 

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Wait for your port to complete before getting incoming calls and texts.

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438You would have to purchase the US Roaming package which is valid at 10 days intervals starting at the moment the purchase went through.

More details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

Thanks for the info. Being new to PM I thought I would get a response within a few hours. 

I saw this comment though which if probably why my boss said it can take days to get a response. Here is what I found for the moderators:

"During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message."

Thanks  for the reply. No, no data working yet. My cell is a new motorola. Just waiting for the moderators 

Mayor / Maire

@PublicMob438 wrote:

@PublicMob438  Did you restart your phone after your PC Mobile sim stopped working? Also, while you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

As for us US roaming click here to get more information of the PM offerings. Is the other company Lucky Mobile or Virgin?

Yep, got my cell all set and looking at the settings for mobile data and roaming it says PublicMobile LTE

That's good to know although I would prefer a 30 day plan from moment of activation rather than purchase. Where do I find this plan and prices. I don't see a link in my account. Is that where I go? Thanks for all info.

Thanks for all the info. It was excellent! Yes, it was Lucky through Costco. They add bonuses if bought through costco. Didn't know if I could mention other phone companies.