cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not working

PublicMob438
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined June 5 around 10:00 PM but the transfer did not go through properly so my phone does not work. I have posted 4 private messages to the moderator_team but had no responses. Does anyone know if there are no moderators left? Is publicmobile having financial or technical problems? Thanks

51 REPLIES 51

@PublicMob438 wrote:

I can tell it is not ported fully yet. When I call my cell I am still getting my old voice mail. The prior provider PCMobile says they can still see the account and calls coming in that are going to voice mail. Obviously the porting over did not complete. I don't think the phone stolen will work since the old provider can still see calls as of a couple of minutes ago. Obviously need the moderators and I guess this is a peak time. All in all, my boss is probably right. It will take days. The old sim card does not work and PCMobile told me that is correct as the phone number is kind of in limbo caught between two providers. They suggested getting a new phone number with publicmobile and then port the old one over. However I don't see anyway to just "get" a new phone number with the moderators so I guess I am stuck in limbo. A bit disappointing since we all live on our phones. The woman at PCMobile was saying I have about 50 messages so far in voice mail and about a few hundred in texts which she said won't get lost but I will have to wait to respond. I sent an email to my friends and co-workers so they know what's happened. 

@PublicMob438  Do not change numbers while you port is stuck it will just make things worse. As for your messages why can't you just call the PC Mobile main voicemail number and retrieve them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks for the scrolling down, but so far here's the whole page. Probably because the number is not ported over yet there's nothing there. It's all okay though as once the moderator gets my phone fixed I am sure I will figure it out. I just thought it would be nice to know in advance how to handle addons. It was something to do while I watch my dead phone......LOL.

Yeah that's the right place. There should be a whole chart of add-on options. Not sure why it's not showing.

Your phone isn't dead though 🙂 you can still call out and text out. Just not inbound.

While you're watching your half-dead phone maybe you want to get your data going.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Asullivan

I think they are having tech issues.

PublicMob438

Thanks for the retail thread link - I will give it a look. He was a good guy who tried hard.

PublicMob438

Thanks for the scrolling down, but so far here's the whole page. Probably because the number is not ported over yet there's nothing there. It's all okay though as once the moderator gets my phone fixed I am sure I will figure it out. I just thought it would be nice to know in advance how to handle addons. It was something to do while I watch my dead phone......LOL.

phone3.gif

@PublicMob438Since you had a good experience with your salesperson.. you might want to give him a shout out at the Retail Thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/bd-p/Retail

PublicMob438

I thought also just to update so that others know what to expect when changing providers and running into issues, it has now been 14 hours since I contacted the moderator to finalize the porting of my phone.

As well so that if anyone is searching, Chrome browser worked best for the form to open the account and fill out the fields to transfer and activate the phone. I prefer Opera but the form did not repeatedly load properly. I also tried internet explorer in windows 10 and it failed to work properly there as well. Interestingly the form would not load properly in my android phone using Chrome mobile which I thought was funny considering this is a cell phone transfer, and I usually do everything on my phone. LOL. Anyway I hope my post helps others in the future when they run into the same issue as I did. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 

You were in the right spot before with that list of text you copied. Keep scrolling down.

PublicMob438

Thanks for the tip. I figured there were no refunds LOL. I wasn't planning on buying them today, but wanted to see how to do it and get ready for next week when I will need this. Thanks again for all your help.

PublicMob438

Mine does not look like yours. Maybe it's because it is not ported over yet? Here is what I see. Sorry to be so dense but no wonder I couldn't find it.

data.gif

@PublicMob438You should be able to get your add ons by this direct link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-plan/

However if your phone is not working as you mentioned before.. I would advice against getting add ons because it is non refundable... as stated in the Terms of Service.

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 

Keep scrolling or use a different browser.

PublicMob438

I must be blind. I see the MY ADDONS button which basically tells me this, I don't see in any of the tabs where I actually buy the addons in my profile. Is it outside the profile?

Add-Ons5

If you need U.S. Roaming, Long Distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

U.S. Roaming MMS service (picture or video) requires both SMS and data service to be enabled and will consume data if used. If you choose SMS service only, MMS will not be enabled.

Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related don’t have any expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PublicMob438 wrote:

That's great, but how do I get the add-on. I don't see how to add this in my self-serve account. Any idea where I need to look in my self-serve account to buy the addons? 

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMob438 wrote:

That's great, but how do I get the add-on. I don't see how to add this in my self-serve account. Any idea where I need to look in my self-serve account to buy the addons? 

Right there in the middle...Purchase Add-ons.

A page with a big blue area comes on and you can toggle a counter for whichever add-on you like.

Remember...r o a m i n g for the US...not the 200 or 400 minute add-on.

PublicMob438

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Thanks but I was trying to find how to add on the US plan from my account. Any idea how to do that?

You can have a plan WHEN you are in Canada included calls to US or you can have a roaming add-on when you ARE IN US.

PublicMob438

Good advice. I am just leaving the phone as is for now and hope they get back to me this week at least.

PublicMob438

Thanks but I was trying to find how to add on the US plan from my account. Any idea how to do that?

@PublicMob438 wrote:

I can tell it is not ported fully yet. When I call my cell I am still getting my old voice mail. The prior provider PCMobile says they can still see the account and calls coming in that are going to voice mail. Obviously the porting over did not complete. I don't think the phone stolen will work since the old provider can still see calls as of a couple of minutes ago. Obviously need the moderators and I guess this is a peak time. All in all, my boss is probably right. It will take days. The old sim card does not work and PCMobile told me that is correct as the phone number is kind of in limbo caught between two providers. They suggested getting a new phone number with publicmobile and then port the old one over. However I don't see anyway to just "get" a new phone number with the moderators so I guess I am stuck in limbo. A bit disappointing since we all live on our phones. The woman at PCMobile was saying I have about 50 messages so far in voice mail and about a few hundred in texts which she said won't get lost but I will have to wait to respond. I sent an email to my friends and co-workers so they know what's happened. 

Don't change anything before your port is complete. Before you have an answer from the moderator...Smiley Frustrated

@PublicMob438 wrote:

That's good to know although I would prefer a 30 day plan from moment of activation rather than purchase. Where do I find this plan and prices. I don't see a link in my account. Is that where I go? Thanks for all info.

You can have a description of the different plans here...https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

PublicMob438

PublicMob438

Thanks for all the info. It was excellent! Yes, it was Lucky through Costco. They add bonuses if bought through costco. Didn't know if I could mention other phone companies.

PublicMob438

That's good to know although I would prefer a 30 day plan from moment of activation rather than purchase. Where do I find this plan and prices. I don't see a link in my account. Is that where I go? Thanks for all info.

PublicMob438

Yep, got my cell all set and looking at the settings for mobile data and roaming it says PublicMobile LTE

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Yes the account was active and now shows active on the publicmobile network but nothing works except text ads from public mobile and I can call out but not accept incoming, no voice mail, call display etc and no incoming text or data.

@PublicMob438  Did you restart your phone after your PC Mobile sim stopped working? Also, while you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

As for us US roaming click here to get more information of the PM offerings. Is the other company Lucky Mobile or Virgin?

PublicMob438

Thanks  for the reply. No, no data working yet. My cell is a new motorola. Just waiting for the moderators 

PublicMob438

Thanks for the info. Being new to PM I thought I would get a response within a few hours. 

I saw this comment though which if probably why my boss said it can take days to get a response. Here is what I found for the moderators:

"During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message."

@PublicMob438You would have to purchase the US Roaming package which is valid at 10 days intervals starting at the moment the purchase went through.

More details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PublicMob438 wrote:

Yes the account was active and now shows active on the publicmobile network but nothing works except text ads from public mobile and I can call out but not accept incoming, no voice mail, call display etc and no incoming text or data.

Data should work because data not depend on porting.

Are you using a LG phone?

If yes, do a network reset.  Restart your phone.  If APN is not set up correctly, you need to manually add your APN 

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Wait for your port to complete before getting incoming calls and texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.