cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says not connected to the network even though it is?

Kayleedawn25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am just curious, I have had public mobile for awhile now, however, everytime I restart my phone for any reason, or I go out of cell service then back in, my phone (Xiaomi Mix 2) gets a notification that says that it cannot connect to the network, yet it is indeed connected as I can use it perfectly.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  Especially since buying phones online from retailers other than the few big Canadian cell companies is probably a much greater proportion in Public Mobile custsomers. 

2 REPLIES 2

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

I am just curious, I have had public mobile for awhile now, however, everytime I restart my phone for any reason, or I go out of cell service then back in, my phone (Xiaomi Mix 2) gets a notification that says that it cannot connect to the network, yet it is indeed connected as I can use it perfectly.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  Especially since buying phones online from retailers other than the few big Canadian cell companies is probably a much greater proportion in Public Mobile custsomers. 

HI,

If it works after getting the notification I would not worry about it. It may be due to the phone timing out trying to connect, then it connects and the notification goes away. I have had this happen a couple times, most times I don't notice it unless I am staring at it waiting for it to connect.

If you do not need to do anything to make it connect I would just leave it. 

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kayleedawn25 wrote:

@Kayleedawn25  I do not have this problem but you may want to try to do a network settings reset and make sure your phone is trying to auto connect using the recommended settings or you can select LTE as default.

Need Help? Let's chat.