cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone recommedations, reward question

Hi, in your post you mentioned something about rewards,  could you please explain what rewards and how do I find out if I qualify for any.

Also we need new phones and have been with PUBLIC MOBILE for more than 10 years, do you or anyone else know where I can buy 2 new phones that doesn't cost more than  $300, phones cost soooo much. Thank you Joann 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Cost of SIM card?

@Joann wrote:

Hi, in your post you mentioned something about rewards,  could you please explain what rewards and how do I find out if I qualify for any.

Also we need new phones and have been with PUBLIC MOBILE for more than 10 years, do you or anyone else know where I can buy 2 new phones that doesn't cost more than  $300, phones cost soooo much. Thank you Joann 

@Joann...your best to start a new thread. That way there'll be more eyes on your concern...better your chances of answers. Good luck

Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone recommedations, reward question

@Joann wrote:

Ok for the rewards you can have 2$ credit per month if you are on autopay. If you reffered someone you will have 1$ per month until the person leave public mobile. If you help on the community you can earn some dollars too. 

For the new phones..best buy..future shop..walmart...it depends on your needs...

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oracle

@Joann, take a look at this knowledge base article which covers everything you need to know about rewards.  By the way, there are other knowledge base articles covering various other aspects of the service if you are interested.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

With respect to questions about phones under $300, I am a fan of Xiaomi.  Their hardware is well priced.  You can get them on Amazon.ca.  Here are a couple of examples.  I have no personal experience with this particular model, but I have used the redmi note 5 pro.  I would not hesitate in recommending the brand.

https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-64GB-Camera-AndroidOne-Smartphone/dp/B07FMPVBQY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=mi+...

https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Lite-Camera-AndroidOne-Smartphone/dp/B07FM994MM/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=mi+...

Some people may not be comfortable with buying from overseas sellers.  I bought mine from the Xoaimi online store on AliExpress.  Their pricing is much better than Amazon.  You do need to put up with a longer shipping time, ususally 3ish weeks.

https://xiaomionline.aliexpress.com/store/group/Mi-A2/2178148_513410363.html?spm=a2g1y.12024536.pcSh...

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Cost of SIM card?

@Joann 

Bestbuy walmart etc sell prepaid phones from koodo/ telus that will work with PM..usually fairly cheap...asfor rewards..autopay=2$..referal=1$..rewards for number of yrs with pm...contribute in the community rewards up to 15$ depending on how much time/effort you put into it..oracles recieve 20$..then there are the promo offers for referrals from time to time..like the 25$ one that is on now..

sld

You can get a Smartphone from Costco - Motorola Moto G6 Play ($204.99) or iPhone SE 32 GB Rose Gold ($299.99)

Moto.JPGiPhone.JPG

Mayor / Maire

@sld wrote:

You can get a Smartphone from Costco - Motorola Moto G6 Play ($204.99) or iPhone SE 32 GB Rose Gold ($299.99)

Moto.JPGiPhone.JPG

@sld NO that's not possible. Costco sells only with a contract with a company BEll Fido...

EDITED for the Iphone it's not possible...

SORRY @sld I was wrong I just check on their site...Smiley Frustrated

sld

You are wrong. They do sell smart phones without a plan. They are not the latest but they are good enough for the average person.

Mayor / Maire

@sld wrote:

You are wrong. They do sell smart phones without a plan. They are not the latest but they are good enough for the average person.

Yes you are right but not with the Iphone you post a picture...Smiley Happy

Sorry I was wrong @sld