cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

LPS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I recently changed my phone number, and would like to go back to the old number.  How can i do this, i purchased another sim, but can't get my old number back.  My old number is still associated to my account and shows up as an alternate number on my dashboard.

7 REPLIES 7

@LPS wrote:

Thank you, how do I contact the Public Mobile moderators?

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

LPS

Thank you, how do I contact the Public Mobile moderators?

@LPS wrote:

Hi

I recently changed my phone number, and would like to go back to the old number.  How can i do this, i purchased another sim, but can't get my old number back.  My old number is still associated to my account and shows up as an alternate number on my dashboard.

Any customer could type in any number into the alternate number field. It is not verified in any way. Unfortunately, you don't have any claim to a phone number that was abandoned, although I do supsect that moderators could likely go into the phone number aging pool to retrieve it.

Either way, I would not talk about a new sim card with the moderators, but rather concentrate on the fact that you are the same person who previously used that phone number. Public Mobile's policy is to refuse to swap phone numbers between accounts.  If by chance the Public Mobile moderarator believes that you have changed the phone number on the original account to keep that plan but then want to assign the old phone number to another line, that may be enough reason for the request to be rejected based on those rules.  I believe that you might find more success if you ask for the old phone number be returned to the original account.

LPS

it doesn't matter why, if you can't help it would be best to say nothing

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@LPS, hopefully, you still have the opportunity to get the old number back. Open a ticket with SIMon so it can create a support ticket for the moderators for you. This is the fastest way to get a ticket system to the moderators! 

I totally agree with @Anonymous , to call your old number. If somebody picks up, and it's your old number, you are out of luck! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LPS wrote:

Hi

Then why'd you change it? 🙂

Did you port the number in from elsewhere other than Telus/Koodo? If so, then the number will be returned to whichever provider first issued that number. You might be able to back to them and get it back.

If it was under the Telus family then maybe there's a slim chance of getting it back. Call your old number and see if someone answers. That's not your proof but at least it would tell if you might have that chance.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@LPS wrote:

Showing as your 'alternate number' does not mean your old number is no longer associated with your account any longer, and it has been released.

Your only chance to get it back is by opening a ticket with the moderators, and seeing if they can by chance manually re-assign your old number to your account - so long as it has not already been assigned to someone else, and the number was not originally ported in from another carrier outside of Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.