Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

farrellm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i want my phone number back

10 REPLIES 10

@farrellm1 wrote:

The account is still active however, my Public Mobile information can not be found in their system nor anywhere. Therefore it is a Public Mobile problem

What do you mean by not in the system? Since you are currently using your Public a Mobile service, you need only to log into your self serve account to get your Public Mobile account number.   I realize that you haven't been able to get into your self-serve account.  That you need to ask Public Moderators assistance for.  The person at Walmart can't look that up.

As from earlier, all you need to do is port your number to Chatr using your Public Mobile account number. If the in-store employee does not wish to perform the activation and number port for you, purchase the sim card and activate it at home. 

Either way, it's possible to port to Chatr only using IMEI. 

Wow my head hurts after reading this thread. I need an aspirin.💥

farrellm1

I have been doing that since july 15, with the system saying my number is not valid and I am receiving calls and text with my number under Public Mobile.

Unfortunately, july 25, I misplaced my sim card after buying my monthly voucher. I still have the unused voucher and a new sim card of which I asked the Monderator to replaced but no success.  It's frustrating. I call mu number and it takes me to voice mail with my voice recording.

I Need my number back.

@farrellm1 wrote:

The account is still active however, my Public Mobile information can not be found in their system nor anywhere. Therefore it is a Public Mobile problem

If your number is still Active...log into My Account. All of the info you need will be there.

farrellm1

farrellm1

I never received a print out from the mobile agent nor can they find my information in their system

As long as your PM account is still active and not suspended...you should be able to port your number back to Chatr. Not sure how Chatr does it, but doesn't sound like a Public Mobile issue. Call Chatr ?

@farrellm1Walmart staff should not have access to Public Mobile's account info since they are not Telus employees. To port from Public Mobile to Chatr should be straight forward, you just need to provide your account number (you should get it with your print out when you first signed up from Public Mobile) and your Public Mobile account PIN to Chatr.. they will handle the porting for you.

farrellm1

I went to Walmart and change phone carrier from Chatr to Public Mobile December 2018 with my phone number of over 10 years. After 6 months with Public Mobile I decided to switch back to Chatr with my number but encountered a stumble block because the agents at Wal-Mart said there is no information in their system matching my name. With that being siad, every month from December 2018 to July 2019 I will call 611 and upload my monthly plan of $40.00.

Since July 8 to now I have been in contact with public mobile Community and the Team Moderator with no success. All of my social and private medias are associated to my pbone number. Therefore, I am asking that my number be returned to me in accordance to CRTC act.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@farrellm1, please elaborate further on what happened to your phone number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.