cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Cocainecowboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i change my phone number from my public mobile sim card to my new activated public mobile sim card?

6 REPLIES 6

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Change a new SIM card that has already been activated, to another PM number, would need to be a new number from the system, as a PM can not be moved to another account.  This has been mentioned previously, and the Moderators have be instructed to not do this switch any longer.

The only way to get it onto your new SIM, is to port the number to another carrier, and then port it back in PM on your new sim.

AustinLee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New SIM card would do it

DennyNiceplace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you're looking to change the SIM card associated with your account:

Go to "Change SIM Card" located at the bottom right on My account page. (Not sure if this link will work, once you're logged in) https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/

If you're looking to change your number: 

Go to "Change Number" located at the bottom right on My account page. (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/) 

This section also lets you pick a number from a drop-down list or gives you the option to port your number (takes about 2 hours for transfer to occur) 

D

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Cocainecowboy wrote:

How do i change my phone number from my public mobile sim card to my new activated public mobile sim card?

Is there a reason you activate another sim card even though you already had a self-serve account? You could've just changed the sim card as mentioned above. But if you activate another sim, you must've paid for your new account. I am pretty sure PM to PM number transfer is not allowed. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Go into My Account, on the right side under My Profile one of the options is Change SIM Card, click that and submit your new card number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cocainecowboy wrote:

I'm not sure about the sense of the question but you can go into your self-serve and use the Change SIM feature to change your SIM card.

But what is the exact scenario you're looking at?

Need Help? Let's chat.