cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone number

I entered the wrong IMEI number when activating my wifes sim card. It shows her number on the account but cant recieve calls or texts. If i cancel my other account now will this number be released from them and work with PM? On there end it says there is a porting request in progress but has issues. I guess thats the wrong number i put in.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Phone number

Contact a moderator and explain your problem. Click on the green questionmar in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This takes you to Simon the autobot. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@Snow1man wrote:

I entered the wrong IMEI number when activating my wifes sim card. It shows her number on the account but cant recieve calls or texts. If i cancel my other account now will this number be released from them and work with PM? On there end it says there is a porting request in progress but has issues. I guess thats the wrong number i put in.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can contact port department

1 877 868 3587

Mayor / Maire

@Snow1man 

You can also try calling the Telus porting centre at 1-877-868-3587 (during the day) for help to complete the port.

In the meantime, your old account must be kept active. Once the port is complete, your old SIM will stop working and your old account will close automatically.

p.s. Ninja d

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Snow1man  Do not cancel either account. Just sit tight while you wait for a moderator to respond to your service request. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. only a moderator can help in this situation.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kselmak  The porting department cannot help in this situation because account access is needed  thru public mobile.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak  The porting department cannot help in this situation because account access is needed  thru public mobile.

It's not an account issue at all, it's a port issue wrong information provided during the port initiation and the provider is still holding on to the number. 

Nothing wrong with the account, it's as usual during the port, as it should be.

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I believe Telus porting centre can definitely help here.

OP can let them know the old provider account number and they should be able to complete the port request while on the phone.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What about the wrong imea number? Could they help with that too?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

OP can let them know the old provider account number and they should be able to complete the port request while on the phone.

Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

What about the wrong imea number? Could they help with that too?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Usually they only require one of these info (account number, IMEI, account PIN) to complete the port request (depending on who the old provider is).