cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not in service

yyzyianni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have prepaid for 12 months service Public Mobile Seevice.  Yesterday I attempted to change my phone number to a different Provence, unsuccessfully.  Today I received an email from a friend stating that he called my Ontario-Toronto number and received a message that my phone is not in service.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you make an outgoing call to a friend?

If yes, ask your friend what number shows up.

I'm thinking your number was changed, but there was an error in the confirmation.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@yyzyianni wrote:

Hi,

I have prepaid for 12 months service Public Mobile Seevice.  Yesterday I attempted to change my phone number to a different Provence, unsuccessfully.  Today I received an email from a friend stating that he called my Ontario-Toronto number and received a message that my phone is not in service.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Call the number you tried to change to. Could have been successful. Webpage could have been telling you wrong info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yyzyianni , when you tried getting into your account you the status of the account would have been self evident.  Were you unsuccessful in changing your number because the account is not active or deactivated?  Otherwise selecting a new number is bullet proof.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yyzyianni wrote:

Hi,

@yyzyianni Are you sure about the number change not being successful?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yyzyianni wrote:

Hi,

Login to your account and click on the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab.  What is the phone number shown on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@yyzyianni wrote:

Hi,

I have prepaid for 12 months service Public Mobile Seevice.

It's not possible with public mobile..it's only 30 or 90 days plan....

Yesterday I attempted to change my phone number to a different Provence, unsuccessfully.  Today I received an email from a friend stating that he called my Ontario-Toronto number and received a message that my phone is not in service.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is your self-serve account ACTIVE? Can you call or text?

Need Help? Let's chat.