cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working properly in the states

rpilkington
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - my parents are travelling in states right now and are having issues with their add-on us plan.  The phone can make and receive calls but the call is cut off in approx a min.  They have restarted phone and the service signal is strong??  I've even added just the calling plan instead of ( data text phone package) and they are still having issues. Any help would be appreciated. 

RayScreenshot_20190711-072944.png

6 REPLIES 6

By the image you've provided - it's purchased, and installed.  It was paid for yesterday, and installed yesterday, making today day number 2/10.

I agree with @geopublic, contact the Moderator_Team with URGENT status.

@geopublic wrote:

@rpilkington wrote:

Hello - my parents are travelling in states right now and are having issues with their add-on us plan.  The phone can make and receive calls but the call is cut off in approx a min.  They have restarted phone and the service signal is strong??  I've even added just the calling plan instead of ( data text phone package) and they are still having issues. Any help would be appreciated. 

@rpilkington The fact that they can make and receive calls and have a strong signal suggests that the US roaming addon is working properly. Best to contact the moderator to check their account and explain what is happening and ask them to check the account. Mark it urgent since it's a 10 day plan. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rpilkington from what I recall the talk cutting out is an issue when multiple  USA addons have talk enabled. But you mentioned this was happening before you bought the second addon. So not sure the issue. If the lost stolen doesn't help (not sure it will) mods at this point are your only help. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rpilkington wrote:

@rpilkington The fact that they can make and receive calls and have a strong signal suggests that the US roaming addon is working properly. Best to contact the moderator to check their account and explain what is happening and ask them to check the account. Mark it urgent since it's a 10 day plan. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Bonnie14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Ray,

You could try reprovisioning the phone by Setting it to lost or stolen in My Account and then undoing the lost/stolen in My Account and having your parents restart the phone once this is complete. I don't think this is the problem since its connecting for a little bit but this is a great start. 

I would also definitely make sure that their phones have all the latest software updates installed, sometimes this can cause calls to drop.

Beyond that, are they in an area with little service/1 or no bars? If that is the case, the roaming partner might be doing maintenance on their towers or they could just be in an area with poor reception. 

But definitely try reprovisioning and updates.

Good Luck!

@rpilkington 

Check if roaming is on as described above.

Maybe reboot your phone.  Toggle airplane mode on and off.  Which US mobile company is seen on the phone   AT&T or T-mobile?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s how to enable for iPhones and Androids:How to enable roaming on an iPhone:

• Select Settings > Cellular > move ‘Data Roaming’ to the ‘ON’ position.

How to enable roaming on Android:

• Open ‘Settings’.
  • In ‘Wireless & Networks’, select ‘More’.
  • Choose ‘Mobile Networks’.
    • On some Android devices, you may need to choose ‘Battery & Data Manager’, and then ‘Data Delivery’
  • Add the check mark by the ‘Data Roaming’ option.
  • On some phones, the option is called ‘Global Data Roaming Access’: choose it, and then choose ‘Enable Data Roaming Access’.
Need Help? Let's chat.