cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring and goes to voicemail

moegagner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been getting these annoying robocalls on my iPhone from the 561 area code as many are aware of. Let me preface by saying that any other call comes through OK. So after I hang up, I go to the settings and block this caller. Later, I get a voicemail from the same number but the phone didn't ring.  Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@moegagner wrote:

I've been getting these annoying robocalls on my iPhone from the 561 area code as many are aware of. Let me preface by saying that any other call comes through OK. So after I hang up, I go too the settings and block this caller. Later, I get a voicemail from the same number but the phone didn't ring.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Can't block someone from leaving a voice message. Phone can only prevent the call ringing.  To prevent person leavibg message, you have to answer and hang up.  Call spam apps will do that for you but you have look in app store for one that works well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moegagner wrote:

I've been getting these annoying robocalls on my iPhone from the 561 area code as many are aware of. Let me preface by saying that any other call comes through OK. So after I hang up, I go to the settings and block this caller. Later, I get a voicemail from the same number but the phone didn't ring.  Does anyone have any ideas?

My phone is the same. I think of it more as an ignore call. Even think of it as doing the swipe to ignore gesture without ringing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe call blocking might simply be sending the call to voicemail.

Edit:

This info is for iPhone but assuming Android is the similar. 

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201229

Need Help? Let's chat.