cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone asking to sign in to public mobile

darusso87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

My phone all of a sudden is asking me to sign in to public mobile. 4G internet doesn't work but phone calls do.

My phone hasn't been dropped or exposed to water or extreme heat. I tried removing my Sim card and reinserting but no luck there. 

I checked my profile and the Sim card listed matches the one that's in my phone. The odd thing is my profile is no longer showing how much data I have used. 

Any ideas? Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darusso87 wrote:

Thanks all for the comments. It may be that I ran out of data. I knew I was starting to get close but I didn't think it was that close. Maybe I'll top it up and see if it fixes the issue. 

Just adding funds won't do anything. You could then use those funds to buy a data add-on to tie you over 'til your renewal. You could ask the moderators to do an early renewal. You could change to another plan. The last two options will forfeit cost and features of the rest of your current term.

@darusso87In case you don't know.. Top up won't fix the issue of out of data, you will need to also purchase an add on. I would suggest depending on your use case, immediately change plan (so your plan resets today with a new full bucket) is also an option.

darusso87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for the comments. It may be that I ran out of data. I knew I was starting to get close but I didn't think it was that close. Maybe I'll top it up and see if it fixes the issue. 

robertmay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

log into the my account page and check your plan details, perhaps you have been switched to a no data plan?

Sign in to Public Mobile either means that you don't have data included in your plan or that you've run out.  If you want the mesaage to disappear, diaable your cellular data in your phone'a settings.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@darusso87If your profile doesn't show how much data you have used that means you have used up your allotment of data for the month.

Need Help? Let's chat.