cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number not changed back as promised

pflowerdew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I switched to PM yesterday, and they gave me a temporary phone number. They told me PM would change it back to my old number in a few minutes, but it's been 24 hours with no change yet. Has anyone had this experience before? Can you give me tips on action steps I could take to speed up the process? Thanks team!

6 REPLIES 6

Yes an odd scenario from a retailer assuming that it was a retailer who did the conversion. Retailer would have just done the Port and others here have reported that even Koodo prepaid was handled on the spot by retailers (presumably calling the TELUS porting number for them). Something doesn't add up.

AE_Collector

@pflowerdew wrote:

Correct - I activated in store and they told me that. It took a long time so I can only assume they filled out the port request. Will check my account and let you know

Since you say that the store gave you a temporary phone number, they did not submit the port request for you, at least not during the activation. I do not believe that the store employee has any way to access the account for you after the activation has been completed.

As such, I strongly suspect that no number porting request was ever submitted.  If that's the case, you can log into your self serve account go to the Plans and Add-ons section, and select the change phone number option. Within, that there is an option to submit a number portability request.  Be sure to have your old carrier's account number (or IMEI and PIN if Speakout or Petro Canada).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pflowerdew wrote:

Hello

I switched to PM yesterday, and they gave me a temporary phone number. They told me PM would change it back to my old number in a few minutes, but it's been 24 hours with no change yet. Has anyone had this experience before? Can you give me tips on action steps I could take to speed up the process? Thanks team!

@pflowerdew  That depends on who your previous provider was. If it was Koodo prepaid you will need to submit a ticket to the moderators. (see below).

If it's been more than 24 hours then the port (if submitted by the retailer) is stuck. That occurs because the info provided was incomplete or incorrect.

Another reason could be that the retail location did not submit the port. If your previous provider was not Koodo prepaid then you can setup the port yourself by acessing your selfserve account and choosing the change phone number option on the landing page.

For porting a number  you will need to provide account number (except for Speakout you will need a PIN or an IMEI for them), name on the account and phone number.

To submit a ticket to PM do the following:

PMST.png

@pflowerdew  ok,  if it shows your new temporary number on your account click on change number and fill out the stuff for porting a number!  Just put your name as it appeared on your old account and the account number, you don't need the pin and imei.  Who was your old provider? Some ports need to be done by the moderator_team. 

pflowerdew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Correct - I activated in store and they told me that. It took a long time so I can only assume they filled out the port request. Will check my account and let you know

GR
Mayor / Maire

@pflowerdew did you activate in store and they told you that?  If so did they fill out the port request for your old number?  Can you log in to your self serve account and check what phone number it says on your account? 

Need Help? Let's chat.