cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently Blocking Outbound Caller ID

nostromo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Does anyone know if PM can permanently block my outbound caller ID?

Telus was able to do this for me (it would override the setting on your phone regardless).

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@nostromo wrote:

Looks like I may need to change my habits.

Time to hang up the prank calling hat?  😉

Never!!

Ownage Pranks and Jerky Boys FTW! lol

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nostromo wrote:

Time to hang up the prank calling hat?  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nostromo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

I am aware of the settings on iPhone and Android.. coincidently, it was showing as blocked enabled... and of course, I made an outbound call and it wasn't blocked.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I think pretty much every phone I've ever seen (even ones from 20 years ago) has had the option to do this from within the phone's settings.   

At least in Android-universe, it can be done by going into your dialer, openning up the settings within that, Calls, Additional Settings, Callier ID, and then Hide Number.

You can also block your outgoing number by dialing #31# before any number that you dial.

Keep in mind that many people will not answer calls from someone dialing from a blocked number.

I've used #31# before to block my number. 🙂

Pretty much

Even CDMA phones could block caller ID

I know what OP wants though; a carrier setting that does this (exists on big3, I never saw on flankers before)

@computergeek541 wrote:

I think pretty much every phone I've ever seen (even ones from 20 years ago) has had the option to do this from within the phone's settings.   

You can also block your outgoing number by dialing #31# before any number that you dial.

Keep in mind that many people will not answer calls from someone dialing from a blocked number.

At least in Android-universe, it can be done by going into your dialer, openning up the settings within that, Calls, Additional Settings, Callier ID, and then Hide Number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Check this for iPhone: https://www.guidingtech.com/16889/disable-block-caller-id-iphone/

Android: don't know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nostromo, what phone are you using?  If it is running android, there is a good chance you can take matters into your own hands.  On my android phone, all I need to do is go into the dialer settings, call settings, additional settings, caller ID and out pops a menu that allows me to block my phone number.  Can't be much easier than that.

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why not just go into your phone's settings and hide your caller ID?

On Android 7.0:

• Click on the phone icon
  • At the top beside the search bar click on the 3 vertical dots
  • Click on settings 
  • Under call settings (might have to click on More settings), you will see the Caller ID settings.

I know there's a setting on iPhones too but I'm no longer familiar with it anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.