cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment voucher Walmart

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Was at Walmart in Point Clare QC. Wasn't the usual location I go to. I was buying a payment voucher for my mom. I come to learn that not all locations carry vouchers. I would think if one Walmart carries it then all should. I know it's not a big issue but for the people who rather not have their credit card info online then for then it's not good.

6 REPLIES 6

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Guy said he was pushing for his location ro get them. Phone area always has them at location near me 

lou27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From my experience, PM or any phone vouchers are available at the Walmart photofinishing counter. The cell phone booth only deals with activations. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

Was at Walmart in Point Clare QC. Wasn't the usual location I go to. I was buying a payment voucher for my mom. I come to learn that not all locations carry vouchers. I would think if one Walmart carries it then all should. I know it's not a big issue but for the people who rather not have their credit card info online then for then it's not good.

For an added option...have a look at paying monthly with voucher from recharge.com. Everything is done from the comfort of your home. Still pay with CC but monthly rather than them having your number on file forever.

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Wonder_why wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

Credit card is not a problem anymore not like old days

if you register auto pay, you get $2 reward, I have not lost 

any money with credit cards, you can file a disputed within 

3 month with your credit card firm

I agree with @Wonder_why.  Credit card companies are good for removing fradulent charges... and just because you or your mom don't place your CC numbers online doesn't mean they aren't there.  Credit card companies store them in databases that are accessible by creditors and financial institutions alike.  Online payment processing, in general, is much more secure today then it was.  It is true that having your CC number stored in more locations makes you more suspectible to risk, as every company needs to maintain security and system updates to avoid privacy breaches.  But honestly, this day in age, just use the online payments and save yourself the $2.  Everyone has scare stories, if you run into issues just call the CC company.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tehowennathe wrote:

Credit card is not a problem anymore not like old days

if you register auto pay, you get $2 reward, I have not lost 

any money with credit cards, you can file a disputed within 

3 month with your credit card firm

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you get them to actually check? I've heard from many people that some Walmart locations are bad for not being familiar with PM and they don't actually look at their stock, just automatically say they don't have any.

Need Help? Let's chat.