cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Porting Failure

amanbil123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated a SIM card earlier today. I tried to port my number from WIND.

It appears as though the number has partially ported.

I have inserted the public mobile SIM into my phone.

When I make calls, the caller ID on the target phone shows the correct number (the one ported from WIND).

I can send and receive texts. However, when someone else tries to call me. They are sent directly to my WIND voicemail box.

Hopefully @Shazia_K@Mary_M or @Saray_O can help me resolve this issue.

15 REPLIES 15

amanbil123

Everything seems to have been resolved. My phone is working as expected. Just finished setting up my voicemail! 🙂

Thanks @Mary_M

amanbil123

Mary_M did get back to me.

She said that the port did not go through and that she submitted a ticket to the porting department. she said " It could take up to 48 hours (but they're are usually pretty quick)"..

I'll post back here when it gets resolved.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah 6 hours definitely indicates a hung port.  I ported a colleague over from Wind yesterday and it was "slow" but still completed within about a half hour or so.  Hopefully @Mary_M gets you up and running quickly (or may already have done so!)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

amanbil123

Thanks @Mary_M

I PMed the information.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @amanbil123

Thank you for reaching out to us !

Sorry to hear about this, I'll make sure that the port goes through for you. Can you please private message me the number you ported as well as the account number associated?

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Only one of three needs to be tagged.  Only one of 3 needs to respond to a PM.  New policy was announced very recent.  Internal processes will have single mod tags and PM sent to all, or whoever is on duty.

at least that's what we have been told :-).   

amanbil123

I have restarted the phone several times. I'm not sure which moderator to PM. Hopefully with these tags one of them will get back to me tomorrow and they can resolve it.

Thanks!

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi...

did you already restart your phone...? after inserting a sim card phones should always be restarted....i also ported from wind and had the same problem.....could text and make calls, but could not receive calls.....if not private message one of the PM moderators... they can speed up the process

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O

maaji

Seems like the porting is not complete then. I didn't have a balance with Wind when I ported so maybe that is why I couldn't log in but I guess if you a credit your able to log in until you get your cheque.

I also ported from WIND, immediate port about 20 minutes, completed port about 1 hour.  Did it on a Friday night.

could be issues with today's promo announcement here.  Lots of people activating today, and ports may be back logging.

youve done everything correctly so far.

As for logging into my old Wind account, I was able to do so upto almost 2 full months after porting out.  I just got my credit cheque mid week last week.  From an August 19 port.

amanbil123

I am still able to log onto my wind account. 

I inserted my old Wind Sim into another phone..

I can receive calls on the WIND SIM... I can also make calls using the WIND SIM.. I can send texts using the WIND SIM but I do not receive the responses or any texts on the WIND SIM -> receive texts only on the Public MObile SIM.

I can make calls using the Public Mobile SIM. I can send/receive texts using the Public MObile SIM but I cannot receive calls using the Public Mobile SIM.

In all instances I am talking about the same phone number which seems to partially work in some cases in overlapping ways on both the WIND SIM and the Public Mobile SIM.

maaji

Try to see if your able to sign in your account with Wind. If you can't log in then most likely it has been ported. I tried that and I couldn't sign in so I switched my sim and I got the SMS saying it was ported successfully. It also took like 30min for me as well.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe its taking longer on your case because you did it on a weekday during a time when they are off work? But I would probably message a moderator if you don't get the port sms by tomorrow morning.

amanbil123

I activated the SIM around 5pm today. So it has been 6 hours...  I finally just inserted my SIM now, about 20 minutes ago.. and discovered that I am not yet receiving calls. I'll keep checking, tomorrow morning and post back here if anything changes, but it seems at this point I need one of the mods to look into the issue in the morning.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happened to me initially too but after waiting a while maybe 30 min I got a text saying port complete after that I was able to receive calls ok. Note I also switched from wind on the weekend. Did you receive the port complete sms? If not the port isn't complete yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.