cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for service, service not working.

Shortnee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I began using public mobile early June, thought it was great gift idea for my son. 

June was smooth now the plan lapsed for a couple days in July and when I topped up it ever since, he has not been able to make any phone calls. Every call he makes says he does not have a long distance add on.  We are currently using the 500 + 500, unlimited talk and unlimited text. It has been since Friday that he cannot make any outgoing calls or get any incoming calls. What gives?? We have powered his phone off/on, removed sim, re registered on network, made sure the date and time are correct. There is no number for us to call and have someone help so we are kind of stuck.

18 REPLIES 18

Ckyaimee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could we get some more details? What isn't working? Do you have your SIM card inserted? Are you a new customer? 

riri1

johnnyeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yup same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jl3499 wrote:

So I just added another 50 to my phone and my cell phone works but not my internet??

At what point of your term are you? Was this payment to renew? Was your service suspended?

Maybe you've used all your data.

Maybe try a restart.

Maybe try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Jl3499

So I just added another 50 to my phone and my cell phone works but not my internet??

@Shortnee wrote:

The dollar trick worked, thanks everyone.

Happy to hear it worked:)

Shortnee

The dollar trick worked, thanks everyone.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Shortnee If your self serve account shows Active and the lost phone/recovered phone reboot fails, then you should immediately contact the moderators. This behaviour can only be repaired by them.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Junetas wrote:

Lost and found

Try the $1 top up.  Also restart your phone afterwards.

Junetas

Lost and found

@Junetas wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I tried that so called trick but no luck.

I

Which trick..the lost/stolen one?  You could also try adding $1 top up to your account and restart your phone,  sometimes this will reset the account and sim too.

Junetas

I'm having the same problem, I tried that so called trick but no luck.

I

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shortnee   If you have tried all the options and still cannot get any service you'll need to contact Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I believe it is accepted practice to wait 5 min between steps.

Shortnee

Oops and no, cannot send text or anything.

Screenshot_20190720-102540.png

Screenshot_20190720-102643.png

Shortnee

I did use self serve and the plan says active, it does not indicate at this point that it is suspended or anything. Just not working. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ShortneeSince you mentioned you had let your plan lapsed. I assume you have used selfserve to pay for a new month.. Does the page say your plan is Active again? Have you tried the lost / found trick or add $1 trick? I would advice always keep a months balance in your son's account.. even autopay can screw up at times.

Can you son send text (just SMS), or MMS (ie with pictures?)

Need Help? Let's chat.