Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK number needs to be 8 characters apparently

christine5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone is on lock screen I need my PUK number to open phone 

21 REPLIES 21

@christine5 wrote:

i was told to ask and I would be told the puk code which is one the original card I tore my micro sim card off of and cant find..where else can I get it please 

Don't waste your time looking for it. Public Mobile doesn't provide the sim card's PUK unless it's requested. I'm not sure why this misinformation keeps being repeated (I suspect that some other website is spreading this), but the sim card's PUK is never printed anywhere on Public Mobile's sim card, packaging with the sim card, or on the plastic attached to the sim card. The only place to get the sim card's PUK is to ask the moderators for it.

@DonForgo wrote:

It is best to contact a moderator in private, as they'll need the actual SIM card numbers on your SIM card to retreive it probably. Depending on the system that Public Mobile uses. 

Moderators definitely don't need to be given the sim card number, nor does the member need to look it up. Public Mobile already has this information. They have to already have this information to provide service.

@Staliger wrote:

@christine5 wrote:

Try standard 1234. If doesn't work, you can click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator may help you with your case. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

You are kidding, right?  If anything that may be the PIN for your voicemail, but that is usually the last four digits of your phone number.  Remember the community support model will only be as good as the information provided.  We must make sure of the accuracy of the info we provide.  If we don't know it try to help the person by looking for the correct information as well!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DonForgo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That code is basically for retailers to use for their POS system to easy recognize the item in the POS system for quicker invoicing. 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I am looking at a new sim, with the card. There are two numbers on it, the sim card number which is on your sim card as well in tiny letters.

The other is a 12-digit # called a NPMTRISIM, I doubt that is it tho?

The sim card's PUK is not provided anywhere on the sim card or on the packaging. Below where it says NPMTRISIM is a barcode. That is nothing more than the UPC for this product. It is identical on all of them. That same code is also printed on the plastic holding the sim card.

@christine5 wrote:

i was told to ask and I would be told the puk code which is one the original card I tore my micro sim card off of and cant find..where else can I get it please 

I am looking at a new sim, with the card. There are two numbers on it, the sim card number which is on your sim card as well in tiny letters.

The other is a 12-digit # called a NPMTRISIM, I doubt that is it tho? It just looks like a UPC CODE.

DonForgo

It is best to contact a moderator in private, as they'll need the actual SIM card numbers on your SIM card to retreive it probably. Depending on the system that Public Mobile uses. 

threads merged

If you truly need a sim PUK from Public Mobile, you'll have to contact @CS_Agent for that.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

christine5

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to contact a moderator to retrieve the code. Click ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

christine5

please can someone give me the **bleep** PUK code for my SIM car

iliusfaisal

Contact the moderator to request your PUK code. 

@Staliger wrote:

@christine5 wrote:

Try standard 1234. If doesn't work, you can click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator may help you with your case. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

A sim card's PUK will never be 1234.  Guessing codes isn't a good idea, and a sim card's PUK is asked for when the sim card's PIN is entered incorrectly too many times.

@christine5 wrote:

it says 8 numbers

@christine5  Submit a ticket to PM if you keep entering the wrong you will get locked out.

christine5

it says 8 numbers

christine5

can someone please tell me how to get the PUK code for my Alcetel Phone using Public mobile this happened when I tried to put a lock on sim card 

@christine5 wrote:

No its An alcetel and its the PUK code only ever used it with PUBLIC

@christine5  If that's the case then you need to submit a ticket to PM as follows:

stpm-new.png

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@christine5 wrote:

christine5

No its An alcetel and its the PUK code only ever used it with PUBLIC

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@christine5 wrote:

@christine5  If it's asking for a network PUK, your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.