cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA to all new PM Customers

ksoosiah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First of all, welcome!

I was with Wind for a number of years prior to making the switch to PM. I am attracted to PM's low prices and rewards for the type of plan I'm looking for. 

It's been 2 weeks since joining PM and I've had my share of problems from getting invalid sim errors during the sign-up process to being limited to only making outgoing calls for a week, from rewards not showing up to the port being stuck. It's frustrating, I know. PM is not for everyone. But if you're willing to be patient, your problems will be resolved. Yes, customer service is only online, but this community is very helpful, and the Mods are great despite the response times.

To get your issue addressed quicker by the Mods: include a very detailed message regarding your issue(s) and any necessary information pertaining to your account. This limits the back-and-forth, and allows the Mods to get through more messages in the system. Also, being kind to the community/Mods doesn't hurt!

That's it for now. Cheers.

10 REPLIES 10

@micagagne, no worries, but $130 would have been recouped within first 9 30-day cycles.  Good promos or special offers help too.  Glad you're here anyway! 

micagagne

Hi stonechucker,

I was waiting to finish paying for my phone.  The difference between my old plan and the new one is about $15/month, of course I got a better plan with PM, but at the time I switch the other lines, I owed about $130 on my phone, so I waited.  When I switch last weekend, I owed only about $30 and with PM I got one free month (+ $10 referral from one of my other line!) So it made sense to me to switch then.

@micagagne, glad you're now here, but why did you wait so long?

As long as you have a personal account with any Canadian provider, you do not need to wait for the contract to end to switch providers.  After 90-days on a contract, you can ask for your device (if locked) to be unlocked at no cost, and port out at any time afterwards.

Porting your number into the new provider will transfer the number, cancel the previous service, and you'll get a bill from the previous provider within 30 days to settle up, including any remaining balance on a subsidized device.

You could have been saving long ago!

micagagne

Hi,

I transfered 3 numbers to PM last spring (my wife and 2 kids) without any problems and last weekend I transfered my number over to PM also (I had to wait to finish a contract) also without any problems, everything was working fine within a 1/2 hour.  All lines were from Virgin Mobile.  So far I am very happy with PM! 🙂

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welocome to PM @Matty_G

Matty_G
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new customer of 1 day, and so far very happy. I had no issues with activating my sim card, but I went with a new # , not porting over an old one.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ksoosiah welcome to PM, and that's an awesome message.  

Completely agree, once you get through the initial set, which for me took about 3-4 days, it's pretty much smooth sailing from there.  Sometimes it depends on when you set up (i.e. during promo deals), because everyone else is also activating to take advantage on the deal, so that means the system will be overworked, so that's most likely why it took awhile for things to kick in, or maybe the MODS had to step in to give a little boost.  But ya getting through that initial phase is usually the most frustrating, but once you get through that, you'll realize it was well worth it, once you start seeing those reductions in your payments due to all the rewards.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ksoosiah, welcome to Public Mobile.  I am a Wind convert myself.  I have been lucky to have had no issues signing up and porting over from Wind.  I moved all my own lines and help convert countless others over.  The staffing levels are lower here which explains the longer response times.  While getting a hold of a moderator team member is not as quick as a live agent, they are very good at fixing the issues the first time.  The community is fantastic. 

ksoosiah

I agree.

I think subconsciously we associate a physical store or customer service phone line that routes to the Philipines as proper customer service. Sure, you can address your problems at whim, but it still takes time for a resolve. 

Public Mobile does seem, at least, to have a higher number of problems with activation server and self serve website, and payment system.

Yes, the delays in moderator response can be very upsetting for customers.  But you've been with Wind, and I'm sure you know customer service's answer to almost anything and everything is "back office will call you back within 3 to 5 business days". Then, if you don't or can't answer when they do call, the trouble ticket gets unilaterally closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.