cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM should update their coverage map

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So I was in Arctic Bay Nunavut yesterday. According to the coverage map on the PM site I should have had no service, but I actually had 3 bars. I sent my wife a text and checked my email.

14 REPLIES 14

@GR wrote:

@mike-w the service is the same as telus/bell, public mobile uses their towers.  Now's the time to switch with the free sim, free 2nd month bill and 5gb data bonus on the 35$ or more plan!  Don't forget a refferal code to get an extra 10$credit on your new activation 

The coverage is almost the same for calls. This threads shows that there are places that data works but no voice because of only LTE network in places.

mike-w
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the help.  I posted a message to the Moderator_Team.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mike-w you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and report it to the Moderator_Team. Just keep going until you see submit ticket!  We're all just costomers here in the community helping other costomers, if we can't help then they can submit a ticket and the moderators will fix the problem 

mike-w

Thanks!  That was a quick reply from a real person - even if you're not associated with Public Mobile officially.  There should be a way to report broken links on the site though.

Wherever Telus / Bell works...PM works too.

The Community Forum members are here 24/7...better than call centers. Members here are rich with info and tips to help make your Public Mobile experience a good one.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mike-w the service is the same as telus/bell, public mobile uses their towers.  Now's the time to switch with the free sim, free 2nd month bill and 5gb data bonus on the 35$ or more plan!  Don't forget a refferal code to get an extra 10$credit on your new activation 

mike-w

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to migrate to Public Mobile.  I've tried the coverage map on both Safari and FireFox, and all I get is an Oops.  It can't link to Google Maps and won't accept an address in the address field.  I'm using the latest updates for both browsers and Java.

I'm a little leary about doing business with a service that doesn't have actual contact numbers or email addresses to contact real people for customer service issues.

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You could try sending a message to the moderation team so they know about it

kelvarnsen

So I was back in Arctic Bay today and can confirm that I had a data and text connection, but I couldn't make any calls.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kelvarnsen wrote:

So I was in Arctic Bay Nunavut yesterday. According to the coverage map on the PM site I should have had no service, but I actually had 3 bars. I sent my wife a text and checked my email.

@kelvarnsen  Best to use other sites that list the actual towers in the area you will be going to. Were you able to call ? Sounds like you might have connected to one of the Bell LTE  only towers.

Edit: Ninjad from above, fid not see the post.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

I think the omission on the Telus/Koodo/Public coverage maps could be deliberate. I looked on the Bell coverage maps and they only show LTE coverage.  If accurate, this means that phone calls on Public Mobile will not work at that location.

kelvarnsen

Not sure about Koodo but the Telus map also says no coverage in Arctic bay.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Happy surprises are nice 🙂

Telus bell Koodo and vigin all use the same towers. Do their maps show coverage?

There are many things that public should update to make customer experience better. Hopefully they add this on the list. 

@Alan_K one more for the to do list. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kelvarnsenthat's great that you could send a message I am sure they are constantly updating their maps

Need Help? Let's chat.